• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you get "movie star" white teeth?

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Well there are A LOT of whitening stuff on the market including Listerine, toothpaste, gels, strips, w.e

I find most of them work well but non really give you that "vivid white" look. Is there anything that actually whitens your teeth to the point where it is pure white like what you see on TV sometimes?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
None of the DIY stuff will get that white. You need professional grade stuff/help to get the "movie star" white teeth.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
None of the DIY stuff will get that white. You need professional grade stuff/help to get the "movie star" white teeth.
Well what is the professional grade stuff called? And why isn't it for sale in stores?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a) Porcelain veneers
b) Go to an orthodontist for teeth-whitening. No, orthodontists are not in stores.

Taxler

Reaction score
Movie stars probably go with vaneers or frequent laser treatments. Most dentist I know use Opalescence bleach or its equivalent.

mkerr

Reaction score
my father (orthodontist) likes nitewhite.
makes patients up a set of appliances / plates (the plastic thingos molded to your teeth) and you pop a few drops of it on the plate, pop it in, and leave in overnight.
active ingredient is carbamide peroxide.

Taxler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkerr
my father (orthodontist) likes nitewhite.
makes patients up a set of appliances / plates (the plastic thingos molded to your teeth) and you pop a few drops of it on the plate, pop it in, and leave in overnight.
active ingredient is carbamide peroxide.

My dentist also believes Nitewhite works best, but I slept miserably with trays in my mouth. I switched to Daywhite the 2nd and 3rd time.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any lasting harm to your teeth though? Mine are begining to yellow at the ripe age of 20.

Spirit of 69

Reaction score
You punch one in the face while wearing a knuckle duster then pick them up off the pavement and run away with them.....shouting back as you make your get away "Thanks Keanu!"

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
teeth2.jpg

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opalescence

Most movie stars probably do not have veneers. They're too wonky.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
All the bleaching/laser stuff is just temporary, right?

A few months of coffee and red wine and you're back to where you started? (unless you have veneers)

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greg_atlanta
All the bleaching/laser stuff is just temporary, right? A few months of coffee and red wine and you're back to where you started?
I guess...not really. That's like saying working out is temporary and if you binge and sit on the couch all day you'll be back to where you started. I whiten every 2 months or so now that my teeth are white.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Taxler
Movie stars probably go with vaneers or frequent laser treatments. Most dentist I know use Opalescence bleach or its equivalent.
+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads