1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How do you get "movie star" clear skin?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by ozymandias, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Accutane.

This

Lots of people take very low doses of this to keep their skin clear. Nothing a teenager would require, but just enough.

That along with an intelligent daily routine, sun screen to keep wrinkles at bay, and frequent acid masks and microderm will give you "movie star" skin.

2. ChunkO

ChunkO New Member

Honestly people, accutane changed my life. Whoever is scared of it, don't be. There is ONE cure for acne and that is accutane. Try it if you are having problems with your skin - you will thank me later.

3. blackbowtie

blackbowtie Senior member

Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.

I actually believe that keeping yourself hydrated actually helps maintain good skin. Drink a glass of water before going to bed and avoid, if you can, sleeping in airconditioned rooms.

4. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

I think diet has a roll in it. I find that my face is more clear when I eat more fruits and greens.

5. alessandro44

alessandro44 Well-Known Member

Simply switching from razor to electric made a difference for me.

6. ozymandias

ozymandias Senior member

Speaking of accutane, don't you guy worry about taking something that harsh? There are a dozen side effects and a good number of them have been reported to be permanent in some cases. Is it worth it? Besides you never know what other crap it might cause 15 years and 100 lawsuits later.

7. oliviababyx

oliviababyx New Member

well first of all they do lots of chemical peels, facials, etc that cost tons of money. you can try to go to a dermatologist and see what they recommend. they could give you antibotics or certain creams or even put you on birth control (which helps acne). Also you can go to a spa and get facials or chemical peels, but those range from $50-$150. And if you can't or tried that already you can try to not eat any dairy products for awhile such as milk, cheese, etc. and see if thats a trigger. dairy products have a lot of hormones in them, so if you have acne-prone skin that could be a reason why. hope that helped.