1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

How do you fill a dunhill lighter?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by trajan, May 8, 2010.

1. trajan

trajan Senior member

How do you fill a dunhill lighter?

thanks,

--trajan

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

With butane.

3. StopPolloition

StopPolloition Senior member

I use a Dupont, but I can't imagine it's that different. Isn't there a cover for a refill port? Just unscrew/lift it off to expose the refill port and fill it with a high quality butane refiller. If you care enough, you can probably warm up the butane can in your hand and have your lighter in the freezer for a few minutes prior to this. Some people say this helps, I don't think it makes a difference.

4. trajan

trajan Senior member

I use a Dupont, but I can't imagine it's that different. Isn't there a cover for a refill port? Just unscrew/lift it off to expose the refill port and fill it with a high quality butane refiller. If you care enough, you can probably warm up the butane can in your hand and have your lighter in the freezer for a few minutes prior to this. Some people say this helps, I don't think it makes a difference.

Got it. It was actually much simpler than I thought. There is a port on the base, and you don't have to unscrew or open anything. It's misleading because the port doesn't look like a port; it looks more like a screw.

--trajan

5. StopPolloition

Cool, enjoy your high end lighter. Just remember not to light candles with them. Wax vapor has potential to clog it over time.

6. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

I had heard that either DuPont or Dunhill lighters use "sound engineering" to make an extremely pleasant *clink* noise when lit. Is that true?

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I had heard that either DuPont or Dunhill lighters use "sound engineering" to make an extremely pleasant *clink* noise when lit. Is that true?

Some S.T.Duponts are engineered to make a ping sound when you open the lid.

8. StopPolloition

Dupont Gatsby and Ligne 2 ping. I have a Ligne 2, it sounds exactly like this video:

I know, I'm lame for even checking if they have a YouTube video about a lighter.

9. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

I know, I'm lame for even checking if they have a YouTube video about a lighter.

You're lame?

I just spent 10 min watching about 20 lighter videos that spidered off your link.

I hate when I get stuck in a YouTube loop. [​IMG]