1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How do you eat your Weetabix?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by denimdestroyedmylife, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

mmmm......Weetabix. I eat it with regular sugar and milk.

Luckily, it is pretty damn easy to find in the U.S. now. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for it's equally amazing brit counterpart Readybrek.....

[​IMG]

I refuse to fork out $7 a box for it at my local British Foods store.

2. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

I'm shocked, SHOCKED at the number of crunchy bix eaters here. I thought soggy was the only way to eat it. I never eat it until it's been soaking for a good few minutes. I'll take my raft crunchy, but my bix soggy.

3. Bandwagonesque

Has anybody seen the chocolate chip Weetabix around? I think I read about it on the UK site a while ago.

4. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Has anybody seen the chocolate chip Weetabix around? I think I read about it on the UK site a while ago.

Seriously? Chocolate chip Weetabix?!? Sounds like something made for the Glasgow market (seeing how they are in the lead for bad eating habits in the UK)
    Hmm...How about deep-fried Weetabix! Yummers!

*faints*

5. romafan

romafan Senior member

Dare I ask - what in the world is weetabix? Is it like shredded wheat? [​IMG]

6. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Dare I ask - what in the world is weetabix? Is it like shredded wheat? [​IMG]

Sort of, in principle. It is like flakes of wheat compressed in to rounded edge bars. GOod stuff.

7. Bandwagonesque

When I think of Shredded Wheats, I think of the large "Muffets". Was that a Canadian only thing? We'd make them by letting them soak in hot water for a while, draining the water, then pouring on cold milk and sugar.

8. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Whenever I ate shreded wheat when I was a kid (not frosted miniwheats) It was either the huge ones with a bit of milk and honey or the fruit/rasin filled ones that are nearly impossible to find anymore but were absolutely fantastic.

9. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

+1 for cold milk and sugar, and then soggy as hell. Although sometimes, when I'm feeling really adventurous, I'd eat it immediately so that it's still 'crunchy'.

I do have to admit that it's been ten years since I last had Weetabix and like one of the others, I refuse to pay Hong Kong prices for 'imported delicacies' such as Weetabix.

10. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

My favourite is the Kashi box with the 2 chicks that look like they are more than just "good friends".

[​IMG]

what's Glenn Close doing on a box of cereal?

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Never head of Weetabix before this thread. Fascinating.

12. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

does weetabix remind anyone else of the raft of the medusa?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When Isabella Blow's grandmother was featured in a Who's Who, she was asked what her hobbies were. She replied: "Once a cannibal".

That is what eating a Medusa Weetabix will do for one's position.

13. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

Never head of Weetabix before this thread. Fascinating.
    [​IMG] try it with skim milk, a splash of agave juice and microwaved!

14. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Jeez, give me a break, I live in a national disaster area...

[​IMG]

Took me 4 hours to drive 20 miles today. I have no power until at least sunday.