1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How do you eat your Weetabix?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by denimdestroyedmylife, Dec 14, 2006.

1. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

i like to cover mine with chocolate almond milk to just barely cover the biscuit lying flat in the bowl. then i eat it quickly with a spoon without mashing it up. i understand that there are many ways to eat weetabix and i'm curious. [​IMG]

2. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

With skim milk, concentrating on the task so it does not get soggy. Once in a while, I will eat one as if it were a cracker.

3. duchessofmalfi

duchessofmalfi Well-Known Member

4. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

millk and brown sugar

5. denimdestroyedmylife

wow. that's a great first post, duchess! welcome to the forum. will have to try the milk and honey technique.

fabienne, do you not find it a bit... dry to eat weetabix like a biscuit? i will try it for science.

stazy, i see the appeal of the brown sugar. why does it taste so good?

6. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

Soaked in ricemilk, drizzled with agave nectar and microwaved.

7. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

WOOHOO! WEETABIX!

Sprinkled on top with sugar (or Splenda nowadays). Then milk/ricemilk/soymilk poured around the sides. That way the structural integrity is not compromised [​IMG]

8. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Fuck yah, now this is a thread I want to be a part of! You can keep your half naked nubile Asians and saucy Indian chicks... lets talk about soggy wheat!

Seriously though, I love the bix. Growing up it was 2 bickies w/ milk, a bit of sugar. Now it's 3 bickies, no sugar, w/milk, sometimes w/ sliced bananas. I once tried the chocolate milk thing though... didn't care for it. Oh yah, and I let it get soggy as hell until it's mush. Crunchy Weetabix? When hell freezes over!

9. denimdestroyedmylife

does weetabix remind anyone else of the raft of the medusa? [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

LabelKing destroyed my life.

11. Bandwagonesque

I want my... I want my Weet-a-bix....

12. jujube

jujube Member

mmmm i love the bix. cold milk and brown sugar does it for me!

13. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

DDML, with some legos and pipecleaners, that could be a kinda Zbigniew Libera project. I once made a diorama of the battle of thermopylae out of legos.

Also, I've never had Weetabix. [​IMG] More of a Kashi guy, myself. [​IMG]

14. Bandwagonesque

More of a Kashi guy, myself.

My favourite is the Kashi box with the 2 chicks that look like they are more than just "good friends".

[​IMG]

15. denimdestroyedmylife

shoreman, i would totally craft a weetabix of the medusa, but i'm busy upping my post count on an internet fashion board... [​IMG] i like kashi, sort of. i only eat one brick of weetabix a day. should i be upping it? one seems to do me... this is getting complicated.

16. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

My favourite is the Kashi box with the 2 chicks that look like they are more than just "good friends".

[​IMG]

lesbo-suggestive advertising is the brainchild of some evil marketing genius.

17. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

stazy, i see the appeal of the brown sugar. why does it taste so good?
    Because it's just flat out better than normal sugar. It's not as grainy and it has a richer, more natural taste. [​IMG]

18. Bandwagonesque

Because it's just flat out better than normal sugar. It's not as grainy and it has a richer, more natural taste. [​IMG]

It has a richer, more robust flavour in it from the molasses. I use brown sugar all the time in hot cereals, like oatmeal, Red River, or Cream of Wheat.

19. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

...Crunchy Weetabix? When hell freezes over!

PHILISTINE! There is the One True Way to Weetabix! Anyway, it wouldn't make a good raft it if went all mushy, would it now? Eh? EH? [​IMG]

20. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

It has a richer, more robust flavour in it from the molasses. I use brown sugar all the time in hot cereals, like oatmeal, Red River, or Cream of Wheat.

[​IMG]