1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How do you dress at home?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Allen, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Northampton Novice

Northampton Novice Senior member

I just wear Sunspel lounge wear... All the time.

2. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

How do you dress at home?

To the left.

3. Raralith

Raralith Senior member

Undershirt and shorts mainly, even when it's 60 degrees or below, I just tough it out and freeze. I'm not sure why people like slippers, I always hated them and had them forced upon me as a child of which I refused; one Christmas, I got nothing but a pair of slippers from my mother.

4. acecow

acecow Senior member

Undershirt and shorts mainly, even when it's 60 degrees or below, I just tough it out and freeze. I'm not sure why people like slippers, I always hated them and had them forced upon me as a child of which I refused; one Christmas, I got nothing but a pair of slippers from my mother.

Are you me?

5. SG-22

SG-22 Member

Normally Jeans, a shirt and a cardigan.

6. kev777

kev777 Senior member

To the left.

[​IMG]

7. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

pajamas and a silk robe with slippers...or typically ill just lose the tie and take off my shoes and wear my leather slippers.

8. Raralith

Raralith Senior member

Are you me?

Different shoe sizes so I'm guessing not.

9. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

Black Dior jeans+ a thermal crewneck from Gap

10. Christopher Essex

Christopher Essex Senior member

Usually a pair of cords and a t-shirt and sweater/fleece, although I'm trying to come up with a more presentable standard for home-wear.

My wife often just wears yoga pants and a t-shirt/sweater combination, so it's not a great incentive. She dresses slightly better for work than I do, so likes to be more comfortable off-hours.

As I'm often cooking or doing other chores evenings and weekends, I don't want to wear anything that would be damaged or get too dirty. However, I keep joking with my wife that soon I'll get a complete tweed 3-piece suit in order to be properly presented while gardening outdoors.

11. Beaune Head

Beaune Head Well-Known Member

Sweatpants, T-shirt, Uggs. I hasten to say that I would never leave the house dressed that way, unless it was on fire.

12. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

For a group of people dressing for self satisfaction I'm amazed by some of the choices.

13. BlueHorseShoe

BlueHorseShoe Senior member

For a group of people dressing for self satisfaction I'm amazed by some of the choices.

For being so seasoned, you seem to be rather naive about its members. Do you really think all (or even) the majority of posters dress for themselves?

14. acecow

acecow Senior member

Dressing for oneself doesn't mean putting on a suit when you go to the bathroom at night. I fail to see your logic or what you're so amazed about. I'll wear shorts or pajama pants with a t-shirt at home, because I mostly sit, cook/clean or lie down. Why would I want to wrinkle or otherwise spoil my dress pants/shirts? However, my t-shirts are clean and plain and fit me well. My shorts are horrible, though, but I'm well aware of that and actively looking for something better. The pajama pants are of perfect length and have zero break, they aren't too wide or too narrow. So, I still dress for myself, just in a different style.

15. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

For being so seasoned, you seem to be rather naive about its members. Do you really think all (or even) the majority of posters dress for themselves?

Actually it's exactly what I expected.

Dressing for oneself doesn't mean putting on a suit when you go to the bathroom at night. I fail to see your logic or what you're so amazed about. I'll wear shorts or pajama pants with a t-shirt at home, because I mostly sit, cook/clean or lie down. Why would I want to wrinkle or otherwise spoil my dress pants/shirts? However, my t-shirts are clean and plain and fit me well. My shorts are horrible, though, but I'm well aware of that and actively looking for something better. The pajama pants are of perfect length and have zero break, they aren't too wide or too narrow. So, I still dress for myself, just in a different style.

That says Luxury lifestyle to me. [​IMG]

I look forward to the robe and slippers, you guys are missing out!

16. acecow

acecow Senior member

That says Luxury lifestyle to me. [​IMG]

I look forward to the robe and slippers, you guys are missing out!

If you can afford it, all the props to you. [​IMG] One thing I despise about people, though, is showing off. Until I'm making millions of dollars, can afford to hire a butler, a cook, a french maid ([​IMG]) and someone to iron my clothes, I will look stupid in a silk Tom Ford robe (especially, the one Spoo was selling a while back) and JLP slippers pimping in my 1-bedroom apartment.

17. Daseinflaw

Daseinflaw Senior member

Sweatpants with a soft turtleneck sweater.

18. Egert

Egert Senior member

t-shirt + shorts (when not alone) or boxers (when alone). And that's it. I like comfort close to nude, even though I'm not.

For some reason I can't understand people who wear shoes at home. When wearing socks and shoes/boots all day, I can't imagine spending all the free time in another pair of socks or, god forbid, shoes. I am always barefoot or wear knit wool socks (the ones your grandma makes) when it's really that cold, which is usually once or twice a year. When looking at movies or tv shows, everybody (in the states at least) is constantly wearing shoes or sneakers at home - the whole conception just seems a bit too distant...

19. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

T-shirt or polo shirt and shorts in summer (gets bloody hot and humid here), jeans and casual shirt in winter. I do wear my smoking jacket on occasion in winter, but usually only on Sunday (when I have the time and can be bothered to do so).

20. O'kyed

O'kyed New Member