How do you do the laundry

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by klade, Nov 20, 2009.

1. ma1

ma1 Senior member

turn your colored clothes inside out

i have no idea if its necessary for everything but i do it anyway

2. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Senior member

Wow this thread is dead serious. Dude seriously? Just google it, and if you have something nice you don't want to shrink/fade don't put in the dryer and just hang dry it. I don't care about my shirts fading so I just put most of them in the dryer unless I don't want a particular shirt to shrink....

3. klade

klade Member

Wow this thread is dead serious. Dude seriously? Just google it, and if you have something nice you don't want to shrink/fade don't put in the dryer and just hang dry it. I don't care about my shirts fading so I just put most of them in the dryer unless I don't want a particular shirt to shrink....

ok... My mom said that every time you hang dry something you have to use a thing called fabric softener. Is that true?

4. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Why.

Feed.

Troll.

?

5. klade

klade Member

Why.

Feed.

Troll.

?

I'm not a troll. I know it may seem ridiculous that I don't know how to do the laundry but I have seriously never done it before.

6. MrDrizzle

MrDrizzle Active Member

Dear SF,

Which hole does it go in again??

7. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

ok... My mom said that every time you hang dry something you have to use a thing called a wire hanger. Is that true?

8. klade

klade Member

ok... My mom said that every time you hang dry something you have to use a thing called a wire hanger. Is that true?

I was actually wondering if using a hanger was okay. I was a bit afraid that the neck hole would get stretched out by the hanger, because the shirt might be a bit "moldable" when its wet. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

I don't really have a wire that I could use clothes pins on it with.

9. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I use the gentle cycle. Don't fill the machine too much and only wash with like shades. I don't use a dryer for anything besides t-shirts, socks and underwear (and jeans, when they do get a wash). Everything else gets hung up to dry. You can't hang-dry sweaters on a hanger, but you shouldn't hang sweaters up anyway.

10. klade

klade Member

I use the gentle cycle. Don't fill the machine too much and only wash with like shades. I don't use a dryer for anything besides t-shirts, socks and underwear (and jeans, when they do get a wash). Everything else gets hung up to dry. You can't hang-dry sweaters on a hanger, but you shouldn't hang sweaters up anyway.

Ok, thanks. [​IMG]

So do you HAVE to use fabric softener if you want to hang dry something? my mom told me that.

11. baseball_guy

baseball_guy Senior member

If the clothing is expensive or not for the wash, send it to the dry cleaners.

12. baseball_guy

baseball_guy Senior member

Ok, thanks. [​IMG]

So do you HAVE to use fabric softener if you want to hang dry something? my mom told me that.

I have never used fabric softner. Toss it in the dryer and check after 25 minutes. Don't bother with hanging something to dry.

13. whodini

Google.

Sweet fucking Christ, Google.

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Fine. What Listi said above, but use a detergent specially suited for darks, like Woolite Dark, on colors. Use cold water as much as you can. Close zippers. Remove coins, condoms, and collar stays. When you use the dryer, don't let your clothing keep tumbling when its already dry. Hand wash your nice things.
    You don't reuse? What a balla To the op, for best results climb into the dryer

15. whodini

To the op, for best results climb into the dryer
    Nope. Stick head into filling washer to check for optimal clothing cleaning temperature. Don't use a thermometer or your hand like some Mary, your face has more heat-sensing corpuscles than Dublin has bars. Keep head steadily in water until you embrace the sweet darkness that is the sign that the temperature is at the right spot.