How do you dance?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by kdh, Mar 26, 2005.

1. ken

ken Banned by Request

Only Smurf
    Huh? Â Please elaborate.
    I'm also intrigued. I'm just gonna assume "you're a small, blue creature" is some sort of French slang, and 'smurf' is the best English translation he could come up with.

2. misterbowles

misterbowles Senior member

How do I dance?

"Like a maniac, maaaaniac on the floor..."

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

step-step-triple step-step-step-triple step to 8 counts with a partner of course [​IMG]

4. ernest

ernest Senior member

(LA Guy @ Mar. 28 2005,15:28) Quote Only Smurf
    Huh? Â Please elaborate.
    I'm also intrigued. I'm just gonna assume "you're a small, blue creature" is some sort of French slang, and 'smurf' is the best English translation he could come up with.[/quote] BReak dance

5. jmswentworth

jmswentworth Senior member

A nomad in a suit: London, Frankfurt, Milan, Paris
    (ken @ Mar. 29 2005,00:34)
    Quote Only Smurf
    Huh? Â Please elaborate.
    I'm also intrigued. I'm just gonna assume "you're a small, blue creature" is some sort of French slang, and 'smurf' is the best English translation he could come up with.
    BReak dance[/quote] What on earth? At least tell us in French because in English this makes no sense

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Please just write your explanation in French. There are enough of us who can read French and translate into ntelligible English for the rest of the forum.

7. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

(ernest @ Mar. 29 2005,15:14)
    Quote Only Smurf
    Huh? Â Please elaborate.

BReak dance
    What on earth? At least tell us in French because in English this makes no sense[/quote] I love it, I love it. [​IMG]

8. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Oui Ernest, en Français s'il vous plaÃ[​IMG]t.

Jon.

9. jmswentworth

jmswentworth Senior member

A nomad in a suit: London, Frankfurt, Milan, Paris
  10. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

11. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

My advice is stick to a one-two step. If it's reggae just grab on to her waist and follow along.

12. Loranga

Loranga Member

I have the same problem, and I it´s funny that there is a recent topic about it here since I´ve just been at a party where most of the guests were doing no more than dancing all night long which kind of made my evening there pretty dull...

I belong to the group of people who can´t dance.

But no one understood me that night, when I said so and was dragged out to the dance floor, which I left just as fast.

But seriously, it´s not about rythm, I´ve been a drummer for quite some time and I really feel that I have no problems with the sync. I have no problems with the actual dance and I KNOW that there is no importance of how skilled you are as a dancer on a dance floor like this.

It´s all about having fun on the floor, being able to let go and relax- which I can´t. I just don´t find dancing funny and I feel so uninpsired when I try. I can´t even do it when I´m home by my self.

I use to say that "It is true that not everyone can dance- Just like not anyone can play jazz- You need to have it in your soul" hehe.

13. kdh

kdh Active Member

Yeah, my problem isn't the rythm either; I'm actually better than average , musically.

I just can't "translate" music into actual body movement; something gets lost between my head and my legs.  Either that, or (more likely), I'm just thinking too much about things and not letting myself go into that sort of primal autopilot mode that it appears many people can get into.

I still think it's possible for someone like me to learn though.  There's always a way....

14. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

One of the biggest things about dancing is just letting yourself go. I suggest just putting on a good funk CD (I suggest Sly and the Family Stone, Earth, Wind, & Fire, et al) at home and just letting loose. Don't worry how you look or how stupid you feel at first, just let er' rip, no one is going to see you. Plus it's fun to play music really, really loud.

As time passes you'll just get more comfortable moving your body. Next thing you know you'll be going to a club and scoping out other people's moves to copy than you are on your way to dancing with all the sweet ladies.  

A.

15. ernest

ernest Senior member

HIP HOP