• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you cross your legs?

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Former, because my foot will fall asleep with the latter.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
latter, i've found that the former is too uncomfortable

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Latter, but I do take care to not point my soles at women or Turks.

Full Canvas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In polite company, since I don't polish the soles of my shoes as has been remarked regarding the habits of the Duke and Wallis, I simply keep my legs together with only my ankles crossed. This prevents otherwise uncomfortable pressure occurring in several other areas of my anatomy.

When I am alone, or with rude company . . . ! Well, who cares anyway?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Former when I'm wearing non-jeans, latter when I am.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
yeah I dont like the ballcruncher way either, so I tend to bare my sole to the world.

I also have a weird habit of crossing my legs and sitting on my foot. IE position 2 but with the foot under the thigh. Not sure where I picked that up from.

kapay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
yeah I dont like the ballcruncher way either, so I tend to bare my sole to the world.

I also have a weird habit of crossing my legs and sitting on my foot. IE position 2 but with the foot under the thigh. Not sure where I picked that up from.

I also do that occasionally. But I ususally do it with the foot over the thigh. I was told at a very young age, maybe 3rd grade, that the first way was reserved only for girls and I quickly stopped. Now, I can't do it the first way comfortably even for a second.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do the latter because it's physically impossible for me to do the former. Mostly though, I don't cross my legs because I find it to be very uncomfortable; but, when I do, I do it the latter way.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The latter way -- I cannot do the former without discomfort. I can honestly say I have never given this issue any thought prior to this thread.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both ways, or all three, if you count the one shown in the bacground of the lower drawing. The former way can be uncomfortable, depending on tightness of trouser, but is propably perceived as more salonfähig.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't cross my legs often, but when i do, i put one ankle over the other, like the man with the pipe.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone ever told MacArthur he was doing a girly stance:

MacArthur_Parliament_%28AWM_P02018.084%29.jpg

180px-Douglas_MacArthur,_Army_photo_portrait_seated,_France_1918.JPEG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads