• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you carry your stuff around?

ginger84

Reaction score
If you're in law or banking and you live in NYC, then the easiest option is to carry around one of the navy gym bags with your shop's name tatted on the handle.

On a side, I live in Williamsburg and I keep waiting to see the first graphic designer carrying one of these things around, say Skadden or (better) Lehman. It seems like ready-made irony.

sirilucky

Reaction score
Tote bags and hand bags help me a lot to carry all my stuff. But one thing is being a girl i just cant give up style in any mode of my life. Handbag is that fashion accessory, which is widely used for different outdoor purposes. Shopping with the planet in mind can make a big difference in many ways. Collectively, we can reward environmentally responsible practices, discourage waste, help close the recycling loop and reduce the amount of toxic materials entering our ecosystems. Shop like your life depended on it. I just discovered a Eco-chic designer that I must tell you all about: Beth Springer! If you really want something a little more luxurious, she offers a beautiful bevy of handbags, tote bags and adopts an environmentally sustainable attitude. While browsing to order a hemp designer bag I found a great coupon for it here, the coupon is halfway down the page http://www.sustainlane.com/green-sav...sories-jewelry. How do you like to use a tote bag to carry your stuff?

bafield

Reaction score
I just received my hand made 'Maverick' from Walden Bags in Brooklyn (www.waldenbags.com). If you check out their page you'll see that it can be worn on your back for those long walks. To me it's both practical and stylish. So far I love it, I'm planning my first trip with this coming week.

You can also see what they have available for immediate purchase at http://www.waldenbags.etsy.com

Cheers,

Barry

bafield

Reaction score
Originally Posted by madaboutshirt
I carry my mobile phone in my pants pocket and the rest in my girlfrd's bag.

...and we have a winner!

odrs

Reaction score
http://www.mckleinusa.com/iseries/43545.html

I have an older version of this bag but mine isn't nearly as square though. It's thinner at the top and fat at the bottom. More than enough room for my 12" laptop (15s are snug), power supply, notepads, and lunch. Mine has nice pockets for accessories, business cards, and pens.

After 5 years of abuse, it looks like an antique and needs to be redyed.

ClaretandBlue

Reaction score
orvis_bag.jpg

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is an old WAYW pic of a Banana Republic bag I use. It's got handles and a removable shoulder strap, was not expensive, is lightweight, and holds plenty of stuff. It's not the highest quality piece I own but it's been serviceable and hasn't fallen apart
IMG_0527.jpg
I'll try to find a better pic of it.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just purchased my first: a Goyard Comores bag that I use as my briefcase. It is very non-traditional, but very distinctive, handmade, and of very limited availability:

MK-AH708_GOYARD_20061220201929.jpg

goyard_comores.jpg

I purchased it in the navy blue shown in the furtherst-left bag (but without the customized painting). I cannot even begin to convey how much I LOVE this bag. And I always receive a ton of compliments.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics