• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you carry your stuff around?

indy116

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
I just picked up this "Attache" from Land's End. It's incredibly inexpensive and seems very sturdy. Looks good with almost everything except Suits and might not be a great idea to use at large/important business meetings (depends). I use it as my everyday bag, since I don't wear a suit to work very often, and it's the right size and weight.

Can you describe the interior pockets, or if it's not too much trouble, take a couple pictures? That bag caught my eye a few days ago, but the pictures on the site haven't sold me yet.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I carry my smaller stuff around in my pockets, and I also carry a briefcase for my laptop and paperwork...

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i use this tumi york briefcase mostly:

luggageandgifts_2030_2280860

for more casual use, I use a standard jack spade messenger bag

mljones99

Reaction score
I know it isn't the most stylish but I use the Ogio Mastermind laptop backpack. for college and work i need function a lot more than style right now.

Drainer15

Reaction score
I prefer to use messenger bags. I think they have the best mix of function and style.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nordicstyle
I also found this one from Puma: http://www.zappos.com/images/742/742...0-658952-d.jpg It's such a shame they have to deface everything with their gigantic logos and name graffiti, because their designs are nice. But then again, maybe that's why this bag is $60 and the Dior one is $1100...
Adidas, Gola and Fred Perry all have their own versions of the shoulder zip bag.
fredperrybag.jpg

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For gym days I use this:
David-King-Classic-Duffel-Bag~img~XB~XB1026_m.jpg
Problems: no size pocket for phone, wallet or keys... just a small second pocket inside which I have to use. Also a solid bottom with ridiculous little "legs," totally unnecessary. For other days I use this:
31l0xMekRUL._AA280_.jpg
Problems: no handles.

pdsf

Reaction score
Re big brands and branding all over the place - I recently came across this: http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men...m10010282.aspx and was very surprised that for a Nike bag, the branding was very subtle. Don't get it from farfetch though - I think the Nike UK sells them cheaper. Too bad they (Nike UK) don't ship to the US, and their US site doesn't have it...

Volsgradstudent

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this bag?
dark%20tobacco%20medium%20front%20250.jpg
I work in a business casual office, but occasionally wear suits on site with customers. The bag is from Saddleback Leather Co. in Texas. www.saddlebackleather.com

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Large shopper-style men's tote.

I like the top-handled totes because they don't crease your clothes, as a messenger strap will if you have things in it.

Totes are still stigmatized in the USA, but they are basically a larger, more easily filled and accessible briefcase with a larger drop on the handles. Not very girly, if you ask me, and smart way to carry your stuff.

Here's what I mean, something like:
Filson
pFILSON1-2231587dt%5B1%5D.jpg

or

Perry Ellis
PED_57FA0068_200_A.jpg

or
Ferragamo
24-6540_01.jpg

or
Louis Vuitton
louisvuittonkiowa.jpg

Don't you have to wait a year and have a course of hormone replacement therapy before you can get those?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by miguelcairo1066
Don't you have to wait a year and have a course of hormone replacement therapy before you can get those?
Grow up.
Originally Posted by tolo
something like this available somewhere?
It's a Perry Ellis "Riverside" tote that might be available for purchase from their website. I think the retail was $175 or so, but you could probably get it on sale much cheaper if you call a Dillards or even check a TJ Maxx/Marshall's. EDIT: just found it on their website, marked down from the retail: http://www.perryellis.com/ped/catalo...0068&ccode=200 I'm usually NOT a Perry Ellis fan, as most of the stuff I've seen was junk, but I saw this bag in person and was really quite impressed. Very simple, no logos, sturdy canvas/leather, etc. A pretty good bag if you need something like that.

puritansnowman

Reaction score
Crumpler King Single backpack. black/grey
Least ugly computer backpack i've ever had. can even be quite stealth at times.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads