Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How do we expect our kids to dress?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by auto90403, Sep 24, 2006.

1. auto90403

auto90403 Senior member

Santa Monica, California/McLean, Virginia
    As fathers with a thing for clothes, do we get bent out of shape by what our kids wear?

Especially our sons?

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

i have a 3 yr old girl, and most of the time i decide what clothes to buy for her, so at least i stick with t-shirts, summer dresses, denim pants, floral pattern shirts, etc... like what those gap kids models wear, i guess. but i definitely do now want anybody dressing her like some britney spears/xtina/jessica simpson $0.02 whore wannabe. she has received gifts like that, and i had them discarded. anyway, if kids reach the age where they choose to emulate their celebrity idols, i sure think a parent should take it as a phase that hopefully they'll outgrow. we all went through that stage. as one who grew up in the underbelly of fashion called the '80s i had my share of spiked hairdo propped up with cheap hair gel, miami vice style jackets, espadrilles, chunky black shoes and boots, and oversized shirts. at least i was lucky enough NOT to wear acid-wash denims! [​IMG]