• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do these trousers fit?

iloveshirts

Reaction score
Hi guys hope your all keeping safe and well. I have had these trousers altered pre lockdown and I have put them on today. What do you guys think to the fit? Also the shirt has been altered but looks a bit baggy at the waist. Comments regarding the shirt would be helpful too.

thanks.

Attachments

• 26F4574A-947A-4C69-93E4-AEB0B74A48B1.jpeg
    26F4574A-947A-4C69-93E4-AEB0B74A48B1.jpeg
    303.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 1801D0BB-B5E4-4ABA-98E0-5144F4C4BB39.jpeg
    1801D0BB-B5E4-4ABA-98E0-5144F4C4BB39.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 4BAD4B90-B674-4F4F-8CC5-895E0AEB6401.jpeg
    4BAD4B90-B674-4F4F-8CC5-895E0AEB6401.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 105

Panama

Reaction score
The fit is great, you wouldn't even know they had been altered or even existed.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s quite a bit of taper from the knee to the leg opening. As a result there’s no drape. With that much taper, you need to hem them up a bit, otherwise you’ll get the pooling and wrinkling you’re getting now.

iloveshirts

Reaction score
There’s quite a bit of taper from the knee to the leg opening. As a result there’s no drape. With that much taper, you need to hem them up a bit, otherwise you’ll get the pooling and wrinkling you’re getting now.
Thanks so you mean I should get them even shorter? I asked for a slight break. Should I go for no break?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks so you mean I should get them even shorter? I asked for a slight break. Should I go for no break?

with That much taper? No break. If that’s not your style, then you really need a bit of a wider leg opening.

please don’t take this the wrong way, but your legs and thighs are a bit beefy so something a little roomier all around may be a better option.

iloveshirts

Reaction score
with That much taper? No break. If that’s not your style, then you really need a bit of a wider leg opening.

please don’t take this the wrong way, but your legs and thighs are a bit beefy so something a little roomier all around may be a better option.

Thanks once again. These were "extra slim fit" should I go for slim fit next time and have them altered. That would produce a better result wouldn't it?

Chambray_1

Reaction score
Thanks once again. These were "extra slim fit" should I go for slim fit next time and have them altered. That would produce a better result wouldn't it?
I think the rise and legs look a little tight on you. You seem to be on the border of the two fits, but I think slim would be better.

iloveshirts

Reaction score
I think the rise and legs look a little tight on you. You seem to be on the border of the two fits, but I think slim would be better.

Thanks I agree next time I will buy slim and get them altered rather than buying extra slim and having them altered ahah!

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trousers are too tight all around. The pockets are flaring and there are lines of tension in the lower crotch, both indicating hips are too tight. The legs need to be able to hang for a good drape—instead yours are wrapped around the lower leg.

iloveshirts

Reaction score
The trousers are too tight all around. The pockets are flaring and there are lines of tension in the lower crotch, both indicating hips are too tight. The legs need to be able to hang for a good drape—instead yours are wrapped around the leg.

agree fully. another expensive mistake!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads