• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do these blazers fit on me?

Lionsfan

Reaction score
Bought a couple of new blazers - wanted to get an opinion on the fit.Thank you!

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jackets 2 and 3 appear to be too tight across the button point.
Belt should not be visible under lower button.

TOstyle

Reaction score
Shoulders are too wide in all of these, so you've got excess across the back.

Also a touch long, but I think that's just my tastes.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pants fit poorly and probably should be pulled up. The 2nd looks too short regardless. Number 3's sleeves are too long (easily fixed). All three have collar gap. That's in addition to the problems cited by others. Terrible fit, basically. Maybe the body type calls for bespoke.

TOstyle

Reaction score
That's a little harsh. Plus, the comments on the pants are off (since those look like casual pants the poster just had on while taking the pics with the blazers).

I think the collar gap gets fixed with narrower shoulders, and which also helps the back. There still probably should be some taken out in the middle back seam, but overall I wouldn't describe this as a terrible fit at all. Not perfect, but fixable.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@TOstyle I don't know on what authority you speak (I hope you're not a tailor), but I'm afraid every single assessment of yours in the posts above is wrong.

OP, it looks bad, TBH, but perhaps the effect is exaggerated by the pics you posted. Is that your natural stance? You seem to pull your shoulders back and stand overly erect, which would go some way in explaining the huge collar gaps, bowing lapels and excess cloth in the back.
It's difficult to tell with your pants pulled up like that, but at least the second one is too short. Possibly the other two as well. Jacket must cover your ass.
All three look to be too tight in the waist.
It would be helpful if you could post new pics where you stand naturally and with your pants pulled up properly. But it may well be that @mensimageconsultant is right.

TOstyle

Reaction score
I've got no authority at all, and please do take my assessments with a grain of salt. Just first hot takes from a look.

I still think I've got a good point on the shoulders. I think you're right on the jacket length though (I was just looking at the pics from the back, and it looked too long but that's probably because his pants sit low). On second thought, I would agree with your assessments on everything else.

Still learning about proper fit myself, so just one guy's thoughts on the internet here.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got no authority at all, and please do take my assessments with a grain of salt. Just first hot takes from a look.

I still think I've got a good point on the shoulders. I think you're right on the jacket length though (I was just looking at the pics from the back, and it looked too long but that's probably because his pants sit low). On second thought, I would agree with your assessments on everything else.

Still learning about proper fit myself, so just one guy's thoughts on the internet here.

No problem, we're all hear to learn. I didn't mean to come across all snotty and trying to put you down, but your tone of voice seemed rather firm and authoritative. That's all.

TOstyle

Reaction score
Well the good news is I didn't take it as a put tone. I thought your tone was pretty fair, and I took no offence to it - pretty rare for Internet commentary!

Also, I'm the type of person who I would like to think would admit when he's wrong, and I was wrong on this. So I take your point, and I thank you for it. I am here to learn, so I appreciated it. My apologies if my posts seemed blunt - I did write them quickly today.

So we all learned something here today. And @Lionsfan, turns out your jacket does need some work...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics