• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do I wear these boots? (Hermès)

Swiss

Reaction score
Hey,

This is my first post, I hope this is the correct section.

So, I got these boots as a gift and really like them, but I have absolutely no idea for an outfit, especially pants, to go with these shoes, as I've never really worn boots like these and this high.

I'm still in high-school by the way.. And they're a bit too big (not really too big, as I can wear them now without problems), so I'll be able to wear them mostly when I'm a bit older.

To sum it up: I have no idea how to wear these. Some help would be really appreciated.

Swiss

Reaction score
I hate to bump, but it's been nearly 3 days. Does really no one have any advice?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Try a pair of dark denim.

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ +1

Make sure you don't tuck your pants into them like every other schmuck with a pair of lace-up boots. That's fast-tracking your way into "Actually, I have a ******" territory.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
pm member hermes man

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey,
This is my first post, I hope this is the correct section.
So, I got these boots as a gift and really like them, but I have absolutely no idea for an outfit, especially pants, to go with these shoes, as I've never really worn boots like these and this high.
I'm still in high-school by the way.. And they're a bit too big (not really too big, as I can wear them now without problems), so I'll be able to wear them mostly when I'm a bit older.
To sum it up: I have no idea how to wear these. Some help would be really appreciated.

This is a dodgy first post.
Too many things don't make sense with this story.
-You received these as a gift?.....from whom?
-This kindly person nailed your sizing by pure genius or were you present in the store and properly fitted at purchase?
-Who spends that kind of money without either themselves or the recipient knowing the intended use?
In other words, if your story is true, you would already know the answer to your own question,
that is unless your family member (or sugar daddy) is so rich that they just hand out Hermes boots to everyone because they are good to have,
and if that is true, I take a size 11.

[COLOR=FF00AA]Make sure you don't tuck your pants into them like every other schmuck with a pair of lace-up boots. That's fast-tracking your way into "Actually, I have a ******" territory.[/COLOR] 

Really? Does a mangina count? If so, you have just offended every soldier of every army in the world. You have my sympathies. :)

Last edited:

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** YOUR SYMPATHY. I WANT JUSTICE.

Last edited:

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-This kindly person nailed your sizing by pure genius or were you present in the store and properly fitted at purchase?
-Who spends that kind of money without either themselves or the recipient knowing the intended use?
In other words, if your story is true, you would already know the answer to your own question,
that is unless your family member (or sugar daddy) is so rich that they just hand out Hermes boots to everyone because they are good to have,
Really? Does a mangina count? If so, you have just offended every soldier of every army in the world. You have my sympathies.
smile.gif

On a serious note, outside military uniform or equestrian, it looks overly feminine.

On a more serious note, I agree. I am skeptical.

Last edited:

Swiss

Reaction score
Try a pair of dark denim.

Will do, thanks.

^^ +1

Make sure you don't tuck your pants into them like every other schmuck with a pair of lace-up boots. That's fast-tracking your way into "Actually, I have a ******" territory.

Good to know, I wasn't sure about that part. Some people can pull it off though, but I don't think I'm one of them.

Really? Does a mangina count? If so, you have just offended every soldier of every army in the world. You have my sympathies.
smile.gif

Well if you really need to know: My mother bought them for me as a birthday present, not in the store (though they're unused). And the size isn't perfect, they're a bit too big at the moment, as I said in the OP.

I stil don't understand how the story is fishy, I really don't know how to wear these kind of boots and would appreciate some help.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With dark denim is the only option, but it's not as though a high schooler isn't rocking many pairs of jeans. I'd wear them with APC NS. Very skinny jeans may be somewhat of a problem, so you'll need to focus on slim denim. Go raw as it'll look better with them.

Besides that, I'm not sure what you can do. Probably too rough for khaki. Not elegant enough for a suit. Wear them with shorts if you're into MMA.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well if you really need to know: My mother bought them for me as a birthday present, not in the store (though they're unused). And the size isn't perfect, they're a bit too big at the moment, as I said in the OP.
I stil don't understand how the story is fishy, I really don't know how to wear these kind of boots and would appreciate some help.

Wear them with denim or cords. Wear them with twill pants and a sport coat. Wear them with anything but a suit.
My mom gave me the whip. Your mom gave you Herrmes. You have one generous mom! My compliments.

Last edited:

Swiss

Reaction score
Alright, thanks a lot for the help guys!
I'm in Paris right now, so I'll try to find something here. Might post a pic if I do.

Btw, is it acceptable if I cross-post this to the streetwear section? I just realized that this section isn't really the right one to ask this question.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ yeah. these are more streetwear than men's clothing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads