• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do I tell my coworker...

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KingOfTheForum

The bigger question is, what kind of fool spends $900 on dress shirts, let alone 5 dress shirts?

He didn't buy the shrits. His rich daddy (CEO of the company) bought them for him and his mother dresses him every morning after she feeds him.

LUBE UP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitMyself
He didn't buy the shrits. His rich daddy (CEO of the company) bought them for him and his mother dresses him every morning after she feeds him.

You work there too?
eh.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd stay out of it. Of course, if you really feel you must tell him ... talk to him. If you just can't face him and say it ... and want to take the cowardly way out ... leave him a post-it (early one morning) suggesting that he buy some new shirts.

Should you choose the last option, I suggest that you check first for any in-office monotoring systems. If present ... go that new e-mail account route.

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS

I'd stay out of it. Of course, if you really feel you must tell him ... talk to him. If you just can't face him and say it ... and want to take the cowardly way out ... leave him a post-it (early one morning) suggesting that he buy some new shirts.

Should you choose the last option, I suggest that you check first for any in-office monotoring systems. If present ... go that new e-mail account route.

Excellent advice!!!

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The bigger question is, what kind of fool spends $900 on dress shirts, let alone 5 dress shirts?

You're new around here, aren't you?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If The Kabbaz makes for you ... that might get you a shirt and a half ... sometimes just one.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's actully quite a bargain for SF...
devil.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
If The Kabbaz makes for you ... that might get you a shirt and a half ... sometimes just one.

at least you can make a deposit...

dshreter

Reaction score
From your description I can only see two possible scenarios here:

Scenario 1: If these stains are on all of his shirts, he almost certainly realizes the issue and has chosen to keep wearing the shirts. To inform him that he needs to change up his shirts would be calling into question his judgement to wear the shirts rather than making him aware of the stains.

Scenario 2: The stains aren't actually that noticeable, or a very big deal, and it actually isn't a problem for him to continue wearing them.

I can't imagine it being advisable to tell him about the stains in either circumstance.

jays978

Reaction score
why should you care? he's only an acquaintance. You doing him this favor might even backfire in him taking it as an insult!

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they are offensive to your nose you have his manager or Personel Director do it, if they are merely offensive to your eyes, you mind your own business.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
If they are offensive to your nose you have his manager or Personel Director do it, if they are merely offensive to your eyes, you mind your own business.

Agree..

Comments on physical appearance and personal hygiene are hurtful.

On the issue of the pit stains ,the guy will feel embarassed ...

Don't say anything...

The guy doesn't stink? If it's just a visual disturbance ,keep your gob shut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics