• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Do I Subtly Get Someone To Stop Wearing A&F?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've seen the light but only after visiting SF.

How can I get close companions to refrain from wearing A&F?

Reaction score
Flawless Victory.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
why do you feel the need to inflict others with your happiness??
musicboohoo[1].gif

Simply put, they are my friends.
I refuse to see them subjected to poorly constructed garb with tacky embellishments.

Besides, the moose annoys me.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep dressing nice and if they like it, they'll eventually ask you where you got certain stuff. If they don't, be happy being the well dressed one (and probably the poor one, after all those purchases) of the group.

hi-val

Reaction score
How about not judging people on the way they look and instead embracing them as friends with quirky dressing habits?

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who cares, let them wear what they want.

plain.gif

velobran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I've seen the light but only after visiting SF.

How can I get close companions to refrain from wearing A&F?

Start complaining about overly used logos (moose, etc). Go into A&F with them and loudly announce your dissatisfaction of their clothing .. maybe it will catch on.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Keep dressing nice and if they like it, they'll eventually ask you where you got certain stuff. If they don't, be happy being the well dressed one (and probably the poor one, after all those purchases) of the group.

+1. My roomate realizes that i dress better than him and while he won't admit it, kind of takes influences. He stopped wearing his cross country sneakers with normal clothes as much. Bought a pair of dark (raw looking) levis even though it was still in a wider cut like 517 or something. Bought a pair of grey jeans and a few western shirts. Kind of dresses like i did a year ago. Every once in awhile, he'd ask me if something looks alright when going out on a date.

I really don't care how he dresses but am glad he's at least a bit more respectable now. Now if i could only get him to swap those awful strapped sketchers and his hideous square toed black dress shoes for something a bit nicer.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by velobran
Start complaining about overly used logos (moose, etc). Go into A&F with them and loudly announce your dissatisfaction of their clothing .. maybe it will catch on.

This type of behaviour reminds me of that documentary "What Would Jesus Buy?".
Funny preacher man.

centalones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Besides, the moose annoys me.
+1

There's a teller at the bank I go to who only wears A&F, easily identified because of the moose. The shirts are okay, but things like the moose logo make them seem more like casual shirts than dress shirts.

In any case, the bank teller I mentioned is extremely gay--typically gay voice, hair, love for A&F--but he rushes over to help me whenever I am at the front of the line.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics