• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Do I Subtly Get Someone To Stop Wearing A&F?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hi-val
How about not judging people on the way they look and instead embracing them as friends with quirky dressing habits?

Seeing as they obviously extend you the same courtesy. . .

tedadoret

Reaction score
let us hope your friends arent reading this now

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was mildly surprised to read that that A&F CEO was married. And I'm not talking about one of those "San Francisco" marriages.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coho
I hate AF. They even make sex with a girl unpleasant. It'd be a real turn off for me if she wears this for undies:
It's fine, once they're off all is forgotten. Also, if they're made like everything else AF makes, you could probably tear them off (you know, "in the heat of passion" or whatever) and end the problem permanently.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I was mildly surprised to read that that A&F CEO was married. And I'm not talking about one of those "San Francisco" marriages.

Guy's separated and has pictures of other guys all over his house. Says he "appreciates" the male body.

So I'm not too sure about the SF marriage comment.
tounge.gif

Goblin

Reaction score
Just make sure every time you pick up a new interest, you display the rabid fanaticism of the converted, and hector your friends endlessly about their deficiencies as seen through the lens of your new perspective. That's what friendship is all about!

Train

Reaction score
I actually had a good friend that was an A&F and Hollister model and he claims that it was the most, uhmm, how should i say this... most man loving and male anatomy loving environment he has ever been in...

So, whomever dropped the SF marriage on the CEO fellow, may be right.. considering the A&F top Photographer is a man to man kinda guy.

Train

Train

Reaction score
I can proudly say that i only bought one thing from A&F ever. It was a t-shirt that said, "Britain, Britain, it's not that great"

I loved it, especially when i was living in Australia.

Train-

Brutus

Reaction score
Is "Britain, Britain, it's not that great" above or below the Abercrombie logo?

Note: I was an American Eagle man before my days with a real pay check. AE clothes aren't quite as blah/labeled/ripped/torn/ugly as A&F or as crazy cheap as Old Navy. They have even hidden their logo on a few occasions.

GWHiZiTSPHiL

Reaction score
i think there's a problem if you're concerned with what other people wear for the sake of style.

ragcondesk

Reaction score
Fact is - unless you design and construct your own wardrobe - everyone is a victim; wearing what is fed to them by manufacturers who must keep changing designs to stay in business. What was cutting edge today is tired within months unless you wear traditional clothing. That said I have never gotten the AF or similar clothing.

Now if you'll excuse me while I slip on my KMW AWA's and get back to toasting marshmallows over the pile of factory-aged junk I spent enough on last year to buy a small cottage in Languedoc...

Seriously - if what you wear really means that much perhaps there is still time to find The Balance.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buying a garment doesn't necessarily mean buying an aesthetic. I buy a few basics at AE/Old Navy, though I'd never bother looking for jackets/jeans there.

I do find myself irritated by people who are so oblivious to clothes that they don't even attempt to dress properly for an occasion. My friend who wore a Dickies shirt to a rock concert, for instance, or Southern women who go out to bars wearing a Tar Heels sweater and old cruddy NB trainers. I mean, is it too much to ask that you at least try dress like a woman?

Goblin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
I do find myself irritated by people who are so oblivious to clothes that they don't even attempt to dress properly for an occasion. My friend who wore a Dickies shirt to a rock concert, for instance, or Southern women who go out to bars wearing a Tar Heels sweater and old cruddy NB trainers. I mean, is it too much to ask that you at least try dress like a woman?
Nice

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing

what does he mean by "San Francisco" marriage?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads