• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do I look #2?

StyleRook

Reaction score
Hi all,

I KNOW this is not the right forum to post this, but I want to get consistent feedback from people that looked or replied last time. Again, all comments are appreciated.

Did I improve?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shirt needs to be taken in more at the waist
i think the belt is too long
otherwise, nothing exciting

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
shirt needs to be taken in more at the waist
i think the belt is too long
otherwise, nothing exciting

Agree about the shirt, the pants are nice, shoes and belt smart but not too exciting. But it's a good look.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I didn't get the hate for your rolled-up sleeves last time, and think you'd look better here with the sleeves rolled up. Such is the danger of consulting SF.
laugh.gif

Overall, I think you look much better than most guys in office casual. You could tweak the proportions -- the shirt is a little blousy at the belt, and the bals are awfully dainty with the full-cut trou. Are the trou linen or somesuch? They look too casual for such a dressy shoe. Personally, I'd have the trou tapered and swap out the shoes, if possible.

That said, you're going to get a lot of nit-picking when you're way ahead of the crowd. Keep up the good effort.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You look good.

You are starting on a sartorial journey and good luck.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Overall OK, a little slimer shirt, belt is too wide IMHO, and I think your pant opening at the bottom is slightly wide

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My only gripe would be the shirt...in general the shirt needs to be a lot slimmer around the torso and arms. This alone would take your outfit from OK, to pretty good.

I'd prefer the pants to be slimmer as well, but that's my opinion and not everyone likes a skinny trou.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+ IMO sleeves too long
+ shoes are dirty
+ colours are not interessting at all

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not bad at all. While I don't love the color of the shirt, it is hard to judge because we can't see your complexion, eyes, hair, etc. Maybe it's because I know it would not look good on me. I think I would also wear more casual shoes.

ozonemania

Reaction score
Big improvement over post #1. You chose colour and pattern that is more interesting and appropriate than last time. Fit on the shirt is an improvement. And really, if you want a shirt like people are saying here (slimmer, no blousiness), then you're going to have to be a bit more obsessive and either try more shirts on for that fit or get them tailored.

Take all the advice here and you might start looking like an SF clone (albeit a well-dressed one). Is that what you want?

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You look seafoam and, grey.

jcriswel

Reaction score
I must admit that I have reservations... you do look nice. Here at Style Forum we strive for home runs.
  • color and pattern of shirt are uninspiring
  • the shirt collar is too small
  • the shirt waist is too large
  • the linen trousers should be worn with a different shirt i.e. more casual. (Because they are full cut linen, they beg for some type of summer combination. Your shirt and shoes are incongruent with the trousers.)
  • the shoes are totally out of place; a pair of sandals would be better
  • belt is too wide and long

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics