• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do I go looking for this jacket?

UsernameDesired

Reaction score

sturm07

Reaction score
Well, it could be a Rock & Republic or John Varvatos leather jacket since it would fit their style. Belstaff, John Richmond and Rick Owens are the another brands that pop in my mind. Keep in mind that most jackets use in movies are made for the movie only. They are not widely sold. I pick up for my mom a red leather jacket made for Jada Pinkett Smith for the Matrix 2 movie and it was the only one they have in store. It was one of the 10 jackets made for the movie and one of the 4 that was not used in the movie. The sizing was pretty small so, they had a hard time selling it.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
take the photo to a bespoke leather worker and you have your jacket.

UsernameDesired

Reaction score
Sturm07: thanks a lot for the tips, but I'm afraid none of them seemed to be the creator of the jacket :(
I did some more searching around to see what other clothes have been used in the series and almost all previous jackets have been from several different brands, so I guess it's like finding a needle in a haystack ;\

Scarpe: what do you mean?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Scarpe: what do you mean?

"bespoke leather worker"

:teach: bespoke: dealing in or producing custom-made articles.

Show him your photo and he will make you your leather jacket.

HTH

Last edited:

UsernameDesired

Reaction score
"bespoke leather worker"
teacha.gif
bespoke: dealing in or producing custom-made articles.
Show him your photo and he will make you your leather jacket.
HTH
Thanks, but I don't want a custom-made jacket. Not to mention it'll cost a lot more.
I am almost sure that the button thing on the shoulder is a logo of sorts. *SOMEONE* has to recognize it

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Similar but not the same.

Schott 660

Look up "cafe racer jackets"

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of choice.

I owned a cafe horsehide from AeroClothing, excellent quality and indestructible jacket.

Recently Ralph Lauren Black label has one as well from the last season.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads