• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How do I get the stink out of my Jack Purcell's?

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of low profile Jacks. Last summer, I wore them outside in the rain and got back home and just left them in the garage while they were still sweaty/soaked. Well, they dried but had this awful stench to them. I tried putting them in the washing machine, letting them air dry in the sun (repeatedly), etc. Almost a year later, they haven't been worn and one of them still has a little bit of the stink. Yes, I know I can always just pony up another $50-60, but any suggestions on a better way to clean the canvas?

autumndreams

Reaction score
Put 'em in the wash with some baking soda. Usually does the trick for me.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
baking soda! good idea. I'll give it a shot.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 60 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 115 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 104 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%