• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do I get drunk and not get fat?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
OK so the Diet Coke is paying off - seriously noticing the jeans getting looser (dammit I just bought em) so now I gotta switch my alcohol habits

Im a beer drinker. I like it the beer.

Beer maketh fatmatt.

So what can I switch to when I am out and about that will not cause weight gains? I know all alcohol is basically a bad thing for your weight, but what can I drink that will at least minimise the damage?

keal

Reaction score
Same boat as you here, mat. I usually have 2 beers a day so that's about 300 calories. I usually do some light cardio at the gym and it takes about 30 minutes to burn the 300. It's usually what I eat with (or after) the beer that kills me. I stick to fresh tomatoes or olives, or pickles. That will usually do it for me
smile.gif

I have a couple bottles of gin in the cupboard, so I usually have it with carbonated mineral water, or I'll use Diet Mountain Dew or some other diet lemon/lime soda.

I'm trying not to drink for the next couple days. My jeans are kind of tight since I've been on vacation last week
smile.gif

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
OK so the Diet Coke is paying off - seriously noticing the jeans getting looser (dammit I just bought em) so now I gotta switch my alcohol habits

Im a beer drinker. I like it the beer.

Beer maketh fatmatt.

So what can I switch to when I am out and about that will not cause weight gains? I know all alcohol is basically a bad thing for your weight, but what can I drink that will at least minimise the damage?

Liposuction
devil.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
Liposuction
devil.gif

when they make an attachment for my dustbuster that will let me do that at home, Im up for it

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
when they make an attachment for my dustbuster that will let me do that at home, Im up for it

I'm sure you could MacGyver something that would work.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to be the bearing of bad news, but genetics to play apart it in. If you have a predispostion or were obeses/overweight as a child going into puberty you have a distribution of fat cells (think a number) this number never changes, theses cell can only get smaller or larger hence why people just simply look different, or why some women just have big breasts even if skinny.

Lipo would be the only way to rid yourself of genetic fats cells. There are also hormonal, etc. issues.

I remeber in college a guy who I trained with who could eat big macs and he would get fat in the face yet would still have a 6 pack ripped. Why? He had amazing fat distribution where very little fat cells were in his abdominal area.

Earthmover

Reaction score
Guiness is only 120 calories. It's better than most, and fills you up good.

When it's time to get seriously drunk on beer, definitely go light, though.

Jill

Reaction score
Depends. Are you drinking for flavor or effect? A vodka martini will give you roughly 3 oz of 80 proof alcohol for the same amount of calories as one beer. When I was on a low carb diet, I'd always drink vodka w/ soda & lime, then add a non-sugar sweetener such as splenda or such. Tastes almost exactly like a vodka tonic, with very few carbs, and maximum effect... if that's what you're looking for. Or so I'm told.
tounge.gif

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, hard liquor doesn't have all those extra carbs that beer and wine have. (also has perhaps less vitamins and minerals, but who cares.)

i say go for the martini for tasty effectiveness, or a gin-n-diet tonic for sipping beer replacement.

it's still empty calories though. (i won't tell.)

one possibly healthy drink i can think of is a bloody mary. but that would get old real fast.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The closer to pure ethanol the more drunk per calorie. The best would be Everclear pure grain alcohol. Vodka is also pretty good; it's mostly 50/50 pure ethanol and water. Some of the Chinese bai jiu are also good, they tend to be similar to vodka but higher ABV, like 75% or so.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by faustian bargain
yeah, hard liquor doesn't have all those extra carbs that beer and wine have. (also has perhaps less vitamins and minerals, but who cares.)

i say go for the martini for tasty effectiveness, or a gin-n-diet tonic for sipping beer replacement.

it's still empty calories though. (i won't tell.)

one possibly healthy drink i can think of is a bloody mary. but that would get old real fast.

I agree about the martini and GT. Gin is food!

Impulse155

Reaction score

Guiness fills you up good because it looks like mud in a glass and makes you not wanna eat after
smile.gif

Earthmover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Impulse155

Guiness fills you up good because it looks like mud in a glass and makes you not wanna eat after
smile.gif

If that's what mud tastes like, call me an old man in a dry month, waiting for rain!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads