1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How do I get drunk and not get fat?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Matt, Jul 6, 2006.

1. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Not as thin as meth addicts.

2. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

huh?

try hanging out with someone who's eaten a bunch of radishes, and you'll know what i mean. i recommend sitting near a window, and/or burning some incense. [​IMG]

3. quid

quid Senior member

Here we go, from the article you linked:

my point was, the effects are from the alcohol, not carbs. pretty simple i thought.

4. carlhuber

carlhuber Senior member

my point was, the effects are from the alcohol, not carbs. pretty simple i thought.

Yes, indeed.
    I was looking for the actual specific explanation backing it up, that's all. If anyone else was, too, I saved a lot of reading. It's one thing to say "alcohol is bad for weight loss" but it's another thing entirely to say that "alcohol inhibits the body's ability to oxidize fat by damaging the energy systems of mitochondia"

No worries.

5. Buddy Love

Buddy Love Senior member

Yes, indeed.
    I was looking for the actual specific explanation backing it up, that's all. If anyone else was, too, I saved a lot of reading. It's one thing to say "alcohol is bad for weight loss" but it's another thing entirely to say that "alcohol inhibits the body's ability to oxidize fat by damaging the energy systems of mitochondia"

No worries.

Sure, but if your daily output > input, you still lose weight. [​IMG]

6. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

OK so the Diet Coke is paying off - seriously noticing the jeans getting looser (dammit I just bought em) so now I gotta switch my alcohol habits

Im a beer drinker. I like it the beer.

Beer maketh fatmatt.

So what can I switch to when I am out and about that will not cause weight gains? I know all alcohol is basically a bad thing for your weight, but what can I drink that will at least minimise the damage?

be careful:
    [​IMG]

7. Oddly Familiar

Oddly Familiar Senior member

I love being young and not worrying about beer making me fat for another 5 years or so.

8. malek

malek Well-Known Member

Work out and rent a coach lol!!! [​IMG]

9. Kas

Kas Senior member

Both alcohol and hops possess estrogenic activity. Too much estrogen will lead to fat gain, esspecially on places where you generally don't want it. Moreover, this fat is harder to get rid of - also called stubborn fat.

Also check out http://www.disabled-world.com/artman...cle_1741.shtml

10. RVAduffer

RVAduffer Well-Known Member

Check out this site that lists the lowest calorie drinks compared to how much alcohol they have:
    http://www.getdrunknotfat.com/

For instance you are better off drinking Coors Light than Bud Light.

You are better off having sex in a canoe. Both are fucking close to water.

11. Robert

Robert Senior member

If alcohol is supposedly so fattening, why is James Bond always in such great shape? Answer me that!

12. Bird's One View

Bird's One View Senior member

If alcohol is supposedly so fattening, why is James Bond always in such great shape? Answer me that!

The chain smoking kills the appetite. Also, fictional character.

13. B1FF

B1FF Senior member

Bond is also 89 years old. Q has obviously cooked up something a bit more powerful than Oil of Olay in the basements at Vauxhall Cross.

14. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

dont drink beer

15. 98Percent

98Percent Active Member

As with anything else, moderation is key. It really is as simple as that. If you feel that you absolutely *must* have a drink everyday, then I suggest you try and scale back.

16. Rand B

Rand B Well-Known Member

dont drink beer

Yes. Phytoestrogen compounds in hops will promote abdominal fat accumulation (i.e. "beer gut"). As ethyl alcohol is both caloric (7 Kcal/gm) and toxic, food calories ingested concomitant will not be processed until the alcohol has been metabolized/detoxified. Avoiding beer and limiting carbohydrate and fat intake while imbibing will help to minimize fat storage.

R.B.