• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How do I get a full E-G catalog?

jmatt

Reaction score
So I bought a pair on sale. I earlier posted that I thought the shoe would fit perfectly within 3 wearings. Wrong. 1 day and they are spectacular!!!!

I'm instantly addicted. I'd like to 1) get the full catalog, and 2) be on the mailing/e-mail list for future sales. How to assure myself of both? (I ordered via telephone).

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmatt
So I bought a pair on sale. I earlier posted that I thought the shoe would fit perfectly within 3 wearings. Wrong. 1 day and they are spectacular!!!!

I'm instantly addicted. I'd like to 1) get the full catalog, and 2) be on the mailing/e-mail list for future sales. How to assure myself of both? (I ordered via telephone).

Remind us what you got?
I would imagine you can request the catalog by emailing: [email protected]

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sweet.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The current catalog can be found here: www.skyvalet1.com If you want a hard copy, email EG.

You should have been added to the mailing list when you placed your recent order.

mrchapel

Reaction score
jmatt: beautiful shoes! I am officially jealous!

scnupe7: thanks for the link!

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the exact same shoes to be delivered any time soon

To answer your question, what I do is ask them to include their latest catalogue (the real one, not the poster/leaflet) with the shipment when I order shoes from them. Obviously it's a bit late to do that, so you should email them and ask them to mail it to you

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
EG has a poster/wall chart (to save postage) and a "˜proper' catalogue. Content is the same.

Ask them to send you a catalogue and mention that you have just bought a pair of shoes. The catalogue has officially a price of GBP 5.00, but they don't charge for 'real' customers.

jmatt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator Sartoris
How tight were the shoes when you first tried them?
Not bad at all. I wore them at home, just sitting around, for about 2 hours. Then I wore them to work - desk job all day - very little walking. By the end of one day, they felt formed to my feet, and fit like a glove. Perhaps a slight pressure point at the flex point in the front of the shoe, which I assume is due to stiff, new soles. I wouldn't change a thing.

wvuguy

Reaction score
jmatt said:
I got these - Inverness in Burgundy on the 888 last:

Jeezus, that's a nice shoe. Unlike some, I don't exactly "get off" on shoes......but THAT one is enough to make a convert out of me.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wvuguy

Jeezus, that's a nice shoe. Unlike some, I don't exactly "get off" on shoes......but THAT one is enough to make a convert out of me.

That's what I used to say too.. you'll come around.

Where's that I <3 Museum Calf picture.....

jmatt

Reaction score
wvuguy said:

Thanks. One thing I failed to notice from pictures, is that the wing-tip part, and the heel part are NOT extra layers of leather, but are stitching and brogueing in the primary layer. The uppers are made from only two pieces of leather - 1 for the front half - one for the rear. I'm sorry I'm too much of a shoe rookie to explain that better, but take a 2nd look at the picture to see what I mean.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One thing I failed to notice from pictures, is that the wing-tip part, and the heel part are NOT extra layers of leather, but are stitching and brogueing in the primary layer.
They call it a "blind brogue", this is a traditional speciality of London bespoke firms. Some of old Mr Cleverley's designs were whole cuts, with lots of stitching and brogueing to resemble traditional construction. The idea behind: less bulk and a slicker look.

EG's "˜Malvern' is a conventional wingtip; here toe- and heel cap (counter) are separate pieces.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.