• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do I fix my shoes?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve seen that before. There is a little wax in saphir reno and causes that look in the creases.

I suggest using saphir nappa (more gentle) or otterwax oil to condition.

For now just wear it out and clean with damp rag then you’ll feel the leather not having any of the saphir on the boot and can re-do everything with the other products.

Basically avoid things with wax in em.

ThatGuy

Reaction score
We really need a sticky thread on this forum that basically says “If you screwed up your shoes step one is to stop watching YouTube videos from people who sell saphir products trying to sell you products you don’t need”

And no - don’t use renomat.
Came in to say this. A wet t-shirt and some elbow grease would do the shoes wonders. I personally use Kiwi and my shoes are fine. I used to dabble in the Saphir hype, but I found their products overpriced and useless. Also was shocked to see how many people are peddling Saphir products. They have every corner of the internet covered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads