Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How did you know your wife was the one

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Toiletduck, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

Pre-marriage, how did you know that she was the one.

And what of her faults, have you come to peace w/ her shortcomings and things that irritate you? I understand that you cannot try to change her, but did you try? [​IMG]

2. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Well I am not married yet, but I have decided the girl I am with is <i>the one</i>. I couldnt get her image out of my head since the time I first laid eyes on her. I even told my then girlfriend about her (hehehe, that relationship was about over, by my choice). Everything just clicked between me and her. We were both very attracted to each other and equally made moves on each other. She is great in bed (but Im sure I can work a bit more freak out of her if I we had more oportunities for total privacy), dresses nice, is very pretty/hot, my family loves her (including extended family, women and men. In fact when I brought her to the family christmas last year I was getting highfives and compliments from my grandpa and cousins), we get along nicely, we do fight sometimes but we both are open to talk it out. I could go on forever.
    There have only been a few little isues that I have had with her. Mainly that she has a few image problems with herself (Scar on her chest from heart surgery when she was a kid, her family used to call her fat even though she is very fit and thin) but I constantly reassure her that she "Is a hot Chijo/OL" which she appreciates, and laughs when I tell her (bout the Chijo part, basically she likes to try and harass me on the train/in public). the only other problem I can think of is that occasionally I can be a jerk or unsupportive but I am trying to work on that.
    She is worth it, She is worth everything I can offer to her and more. If I had the money/was out of college I would marry her in a heartbeat.

3. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

if you need to ask this question in refernce to a girl..then shes def not "the one"

4. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

which question?

Do people romanticize marriage too much?

5. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

From "A Bronx Tale"

6. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

From "A Bronx Tale"
    +1,000,000 It's so good, it's practically fattening. Let's watch:

7. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Heh, believe it or not she would always unlock the driver door for me when she was in the states. Looks like I have a winner.
    Also I could never figure out what movie that quote was from but I think its on an old Ataris song or something

8. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Unfortunately, girls who are definitely not The One have watched that movie and know that trick now. DAMHIK.

9. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

She told me she was.............................................[​IMG]

10. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

I'm unqualified to answer this question because every women I was certain was the one was already married (and I've never been).

11. chrysalid

chrysalid Senior member

From "A Bronx Tale"

Anyone got a car without central locking I can borrow for the evening?

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

All right, an honest reply then.

Before I met Mrs. T, I had, shall we say, fidelity issues. Then I met her. We dated for a while, and I knew she was the one when she went into the hospital for an outpatient test, and wasn't released for three months. For every day of those three months I visited her in the hospital (30 miles from home), even when she wasn't in any shape to recognize me. For those three months I forgot I even had a black book, or female friends of any stripe.

Pre-Mrs. T, I wouldn't have thought twice about putting my needs first. With her I realized it wasn't about me but rather about us, and nothing in the world felt more natural.

13. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I met my wife on a Thursday. I had a date with another woman on Friday, and then another date with my wife on Saturday night. after that saturday night, we were together every night we were in the same country, up until my daughters birth - for about 8 years.

I had a good feeling by the 3rd or forth "date". mostly, because she was attractive and yet very interesting, and I felt we shared a lot of values.

obviously, we have our differences, but it is very clear that they are not that major in the big picture. in the begining, we argued basically about family - hers. now I have become more accepting of her family, and she has become substantially less close to her family.

we hardly ever argue, and we are in basic agreement about all the most important things in our life. she supports me with my work - I am on the road 150 days a year at least, and am very often on the phone as late as midnight and as early as 4 am. not all that many women would live with that.

she is a great mother - a fanststic gestater and nurse, out 3 kids were huge and healthy, and our son is smart and extremly well behaved.

14. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

- a fanststic gestater

"honey, I love you and I want to marry you but just one thing, how is your gestation???" [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I'm unqualified to answer this question because every women I was certain was the one was already married (and I've never been).

I think we share a similar affliction. The girls I take the most interest in are always unavailable on some level.