How did you end up here?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cylon, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Cylon

Cylon Senior member

Dear members,

This is my first post, and I would like to start by thanking everyone here as I have learned much by lurking in the last few months.

Here’s something I have been curious about: what made you start paying careful attention to the way you dress? I realize there are those gifted individuals with natural insight into these things, and recent graduates or mid-career professionals nervous about making a good first impression at a new job; but what of the person working at the same place in the same position who decides one fine day to make a change seemingly out of the blue? The question is this: what was your light bulb/eureka moment?

Fair is fair, so I will start.

I saw my reflection in the glass on the subway while returning home from a long day of work, and I looked terrible.

In my defense, I was working long hours, newly married ( and my in-laws decided to stay with us for two months after the wedding...YAY!!!)....but the facts remain the same: I was literally horrified by my own reflection.

So does anyone else have a similar story?

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Welcome...
    I have always been a suave MOFO so the normal rules don't apply!

3. Joey Dee

Joey Dee New Member

i just knew it was time. the punk rock look wasnt employable anywhere with a future outside of hot topic. mummy and daddy always dressed us children well, so perhaps it was already in my genes? once i started getting 'dressed' i liked what i saw and have learned the rules so that my own style could shine through.

4. explicit

explicit Member

just slowly started getting into nicer and nicer clothing..

5. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

I used to read this forum often, maybe 1-2 years of lurking. Then I decided to join once I realized the value of being part of this community.

6. Lel

Lel Senior member

Aeropostale clothes --> Buckle clothes --> Hollister Slim Fit jeans --> Hollister/Abercrombie Forums --> GQ --> GQ forums --> Style Forum.

7. thoang77

thoang77 Active Member

I found my way here on a search for a pair of nice looking work-style boots. Basically I ended up reading a bunch of the Wolverine 1000 Mile Review thread and now I'm using for everything else!

8. Vistro

Vistro Active Member

I joined after following a link to a watch in the FS forum from another forum. I started poking around and never looked back.

9. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Senior member

I don't have the fogiest idea :D

10. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have been lurking about for years really. My love for smart clothing comes from the mod scene and has evolved and grown into a more & more classic taste for men's clothing. There are a bunch of forums for this stuff on the interwebz of course, but this one seemed to correlate best to my personal taste. I think I found a link here from some Swedish blog.

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

they paid me to join