• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody wearing regular work clothing (suits, sport coats) while working from home? Does it help? I’m getting serious fomo from not being able to enjoy tailored clothing like I used to. It’s tough seeing nice things come out that I would normally buy but see no point as of now.

Nothing seems to get around the weirdness of video calls for me. Especially when I'm the one talking - I have to switch the screen because seeing myself on the screen at the same time reminds me of that audio experiment where it was found that if one's words were repeated back to them simultaneously they were spoken, people were actually unable to think clearly and speak.

I find that it doesn't matter so much what clothing, because I don't normally wear the same clothes at home anyway. My style doesn't change when in public, however.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Covid mask; used as a pocket square

I'm not sure if that was entirely in jest but on my very rare trips to the federal courthouse this summer, that's exactly what I've done. A convenient place to stash it without misplacing it. You just have to make sure the elastic straps are tucked away.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if that was entirely in jest but on my very rare trips to the federal courthouse this summer, that's exactly what I've done. A convenient place to stash it without misplacing it. You just have to make sure the elastic straps are tucked away.

Charles Tyrwhitt advertises a mask that doubles as a PS, or is it the other way around......?

Scramm

Reaction score
For me, Covid increased my interest in clothes - I suppose being stuck at home all day with nothing to do other than log on to my computer and work made me long for some more escapism in my life. At my workplace very few people turn on the camera in meetings, so I'm not sure what they're wearing...

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jammin' in me jammies all day err'day. Get on my lvl.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics