• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How did Barneys 40% off go ?

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody scored anything ?
I dropped by after 5 and only found a pack of visiting east asians fussing over glued Pradas, and another pack of dopey foreign students yelling in each other's face something about TOD's.
With the reliably useless Barneys salespeople zigging and zagging between those 2 groups.
In related news, Coochie-Nelly sport shirts now run 5 bills. You read that right
plain.gif

RTW machine-made shirt produced of not-that-great cotton costing 500 smackers.
They also had what looked like an undershirt made of cashmere/wool ? combo touching $900
I couldn't bring myself to buy anything as I really despise the ******* place, their product and the self-important **** posse running the floor.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in there on Friday - Did you check the prices on the BC Navy Blazers now!!!!!
INSANITY.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Planet BH, eh ?
I suspect our location competes with Saks over who's gonna outsell who when it comes to garments in:
black; raven black; off black; charcoal black; gray; off gray; mouse fur gray - and some such based on "wild imagination, unpredictable" color themes

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Planet BH, eh ?
I suspect our location competes with Saks over who's gonna outsell who when it comes to garments in:
black; raven black; off black; charcoal black; gray; off gray; mouse fur gray - and some such based on "wild imagination, unpredictable" color themes

LOL!

worship.gif

jessica-biel-naked.jpg

blofeld

Reaction score
funny: I asked the SA in the shoe section if they were going to carry C&J again this year - he said that they would in NY and SF, but that in BH, and I quote, "we don't really have a lot of business types like you in here looking for wingtips and captoes." In related news, I hate living in Los Angeles.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went in hoping they'd be stocking these
musicboohoo[1].gif

blofeld

Reaction score
he told me that they had brought in Harris to replace it, since they had more "modern touches"

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recall once asking their shoe guy if this particular model was meant to be worn with a suit He paused, and went - Oh yeah, as long as it won't be an office-type environment.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a decent, albeit brief, experience. I bought a pair of Lidforts and a pair of Heschungs. I had no prior experience with these brands. The salesperson who assisted me was very helpful in helping me with sizing and fit. In general, I am not crazy about Barney's shoe dept since it appears to emphasize the fashion brands -- Prada, Gucci, Armani, lower line Ferragamos, etc. -- or very Italianate labels like Harris and some Lidfort styles. But I think their inclusion of Heschung, which is a brand I have always liked and have wanted to try, is a definite plus. Casper was the salesperson who assisted me. I would recommend him if you are looking to buy shoes at the Madison Ave NY shop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads