• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How did Barneys 40% off go ?

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody scored anything ?
I dropped by after 5 and only found a pack of visiting east asians fussing over glued Pradas, and another pack of dopey foreign students yelling in each other's face something about TOD's.
With the reliably useless Barneys salespeople zigging and zagging between those 2 groups.
In related news, Coochie-Nelly sport shirts now run 5 bills. You read that right

RTW machine-made shirt produced of not-that-great cotton costing 500 smackers.
They also had what looked like an undershirt made of cashmere/wool ? combo touching $900
I couldn't bring myself to buy anything as I really despise the fucking place, their product and the self-important ghey posse running the floor.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in there on Friday - Did you check the prices on the BC Navy Blazers now!!!!!
INSANITY.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Planet BH, eh ?
I suspect our location competes with Saks over who's gonna outsell who when it comes to garments in:
black; raven black; off black; charcoal black; gray; off gray; mouse fur gray - and some such based on "wild imagination, unpredictable" color themes

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Planet BH, eh ?
I suspect our location competes with Saks over who's gonna outsell who when it comes to garments in:
black; raven black; off black; charcoal black; gray; off gray; mouse fur gray - and some such based on "wild imagination, unpredictable" color themes

LOL!

blofeld

Reaction score
funny: I asked the SA in the shoe section if they were going to carry C&J again this year - he said that they would in NY and SF, but that in BH, and I quote, "we don't really have a lot of business types like you in here looking for wingtips and captoes." In related news, I hate living in Los Angeles.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went in hoping they'd be stocking these

blofeld

Reaction score
he told me that they had brought in Harris to replace it, since they had more "modern touches"

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recall once asking their shoe guy if this particular model was meant to be worn with a suit He paused, and went - Oh yeah, as long as it won't be an office-type environment.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a decent, albeit brief, experience. I bought a pair of Lidforts and a pair of Heschungs. I had no prior experience with these brands. The salesperson who assisted me was very helpful in helping me with sizing and fit. In general, I am not crazy about Barney's shoe dept since it appears to emphasize the fashion brands -- Prada, Gucci, Armani, lower line Ferragamos, etc. -- or very Italianate labels like Harris and some Lidfort styles. But I think their inclusion of Heschung, which is a brand I have always liked and have wanted to try, is a definite plus. Casper was the salesperson who assisted me. I would recommend him if you are looking to buy shoes at the Madison Ave NY shop.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 115 15.7%
  • 31 - 40