1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How Critical Are Others of Your Style?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by APK, Jun 17, 2010.

1. WorkingClassDude

WorkingClassDude Senior member

I had a boss that said to me several years back "did you get your wardrobe from the trunk of your car?" a couple times when I wore these Mervyn's brand plaid shirts I wore to work about 7-8 years ago. The trunk he was referring to was my 62 Plymouth's.

2. z7f9q

z7f9q Senior member

By the way, do people really get that much trouble about the way they dress from strangers/friends? I get the feeling that in those cases people probably aren't well dressed...

It has a lot to do with where you live.

3. WorkingClassDude

WorkingClassDude Senior member

By the way, do people really get that much trouble about the way they dress from strangers/friends? I get the feeling that in those cases people probably aren't well dressed...

It has a lot to do with where you live.

Well, some people are just assholes too.

4. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

5. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

I get called spiffy at work and i'm like "if only they knew...."

6. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Upon re-reading, it actually looks like present day SF would now make rude comments about everything previously held-up as enviable. Maybe this web site's really just behind the 'plebes'? :wow:

Recently, I've gotten gay baseball player from the 1950's (varsity jacket), gay extra from The Outsiders (leather/denim jacket), magician (black patent shoes), well-dressed (gingham shirt), and -- my favorite -- Asian movie star (black nylon jacket, black nylon pants).

I take it as a sign of interest. The only thing that truly repulses me is when I find myself saying, Oh, it's just mall-brand crap... after someone inquires about my pants :facepalm:

7. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I do the 'oh I just got this on ebay' or 'oh I got this 80% off on a whim' thing. I'm usually careful not to dress too weird though.

8. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Quote:
    Also my sister said this to me two days ago [​IMG]

9. jet

jet Senior member

I just say mr rogers was a fly ass motherfucker.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. Anduru

Anduru Senior member

I don't get comments from my friends usually because they expect me to be adventurous with clothing since I'm in fashion, but sometimes if I'm thinking about wearing something new or crazy I'm afraid my dad might make a dumb comment.
    I refrain from wearing anything too crazy if I'm ever going somewhere with him because I don't want to be embarrassing or s/t. [​IMG]