• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How crappy are Land's End ties ?

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Thank you all for your comments. I think I will give it a shot. The problem is not only of the cost, but also of the availability of the particular designs. I have not come across any online store which has these designs (though they are pretty standard) except Drakes, which frankly, after my last experience with them I do not wish to use again.

Just curious here, what was your bad experience with Drakes? I've never bought anything from them but I am constantly drooling at the ties on their website, been planning on buying a few for a while. Have you posted the experience before?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Yes, will post link

Here it is

I have only once ordered from Drakes and have been disappointed. I got a tie which I thought was a defect. I asked here and other members confirmed. I emailed them, got no response. Then a member gave me the direct contact of the person concerned. I emailed her, she responded that she had forwarded my email to the concerned person. Never received a reply thereafter. As winter was getting was getting over, I started wearing the tie and dropped the matter.

But must say, I was disappointed with the product and the customer service thereafter.

Let me see if I can find a pic of the defect.

Edit: Found it
ibIjhi.JPG

^^ My ordered was delivered today.

Would this be considered a flaw ?

ibIjhi.JPG

Also got this one

ibIlpq.JPG

Originally Posted by HHD
Excellent ties. I like the second (I bought the same, but in a grey herringbone). It looks like a flaw in this photo - is that the front blade of the tie? Is it noticeable when worn? Put it like this, I wouldn't have bought it in a bricks & mortar shop if it had that scratch.

Drakes has a good returns policy: Check it applies for sales purchases if you want to return.

Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
Definitely a flaw. The seconds I sell (no spam) have lesser errors than that.
That herringbone is a beauty.

confused.gif
, the first tie was not on sale and is still available http://www.drakes-london.com/catalog...e/category/75/

Any alternate email to get in touch with Drakes ? [email protected] does not seem to be working.

Originally Posted by mlongano
Try this one: [email protected]

^^ Thanks, I emailed Claire and she has forwarded my email to the right person

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads