How can this be right?!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by micr0c0sm, Apr 6, 2012.

1. micr0c0sm

micr0c0sm New Member

Granted, I'm a noob, but I thought if I was a 39.5 chest, I should get a 40 blazer. This Hilfiger chart says if I should be in a 38. Worse, it says 38's cover up to 42in chests. How can this be right? Wouldn't that mean all Hilfiger blazers come large out of the box? Anybody have experience with their blazers and can shed some light here? Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. eMacPaul

eMacPaul Senior member

I have no experience with this brand, but a whole lot of jackets are oversized.

3. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Ordinarily the chest measurement would be larger than the tagged size. Either Hilfiger runs extremely large or they screwed up their chart somehow.

Why are you looking at TH anyway? You could do a lot better for the money. That's almost in Brooks Brothers price range, especially if you get a sale.

4. micr0c0sm

micr0c0sm New Member

Looking for a nice cotton navy blazer for summer. Would like to spend less than 300. Macy's has a TH cotton blazer for 199. I've seen one at Banana Republic that I would prefer for 190ish, but not in stock. Where else should i be looking?

5. Birks and Grey Socks

Birks and Grey Socks Senior member

Welcome to American sizing. It makes us fat slobs feel better about ourselves when we fit into a smaller size. Pants are even worse.

For $200 get yourself to a NMLC, Off 5th, or Rack and buy a better coat. Last time I was there I picked up a Canali summer blazer for $125

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012

6. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

:laugh: