• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How can I wear my dress shoes everyday?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of CJ Hallam dress shoes, I would like to wear them more regularly rather than every other day, as I understand the break is for letting the moisture be sucked into the shoe trees so the shoes don't get creases?

Now if I want to wear these shoes everyday is there anything I can do so that it would be possible? Maybe have a fan blow air on the shoes every night so they dry quicker? Any other suggestions?

optimator88

Reaction score
You could get a second pair of the same shoe. But there are so many nice shoes out there to choose from I don't know why you would limit yourself to the same one everyday.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't care how long they last wear them all the time.

Mr. Sartorial

Reaction score
Your best option is just letting them sit in cedar shoe trees every night as soon as you get home. That gets rid of most of the moisture. Letting a fan blow on them will do next to nothing and a blow dryer will wreck the leather just as fast as wearing them every day.

That said, not sure why you would ever want to wear the same pair of shoes every day. Best of luck!

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The rest is to let the shoe dry out, though there is some debate as to whether it's actually "sucked in" to the shoe tree. It has less to do with creasing and more to do with just wearing the leather out and destroying the shoe in general.

Speeding up the drying process with a fan is probably likely to destroy the shoe even faster than by using the normal process.

Your best bet, should you wish to wear C&J Hallams every day, is to buy another pair and alternate days. This may sound expensive, but rest easy: should you forge ahead with the proposed scheme, you'll be buying another pair soon enough anyways.

viator

Reaction score
If you plan to wear them that often, you might want to consider putting (gasp) a Topy on them. If you wear them one day and the streets are wet, one night of rest will not allow the soles to dry. That means you'll be wearing wet leather soles two days in a row, which means your soles will not last too long.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads