• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How can I make my typical workplace attire stand out?

HHS5

Reaction score
Hiya,

New member here (If there’s a “Member introduction thread” let me know).

If this not the right way to seek advice, my apologies.

I work in the office for a construction firm where the typical attire is usually jeans/Trousers, polos in the summer, button downs in the winter/spring, and sneakers. I have been wearing chelsea/ankle boots, but I feel as if that’s not enough.

Are there any other ways I can make my typical workplace attire stand out?

Thanks in advance.

HHS5

Reaction score
Thank you! I have a few wristwatches to choose from already. I will need to get some new belts though as the ones i have currently are too big for me due to losing a lot of weight. Any brand recommendations?
A belt or (if you don't already wear one) a wristwatch might be the simplest addition to that.

epsilon22

Reaction score
Layers? Linen overshirt or bomber in the summer, sweaters or suede jacket in the colder weather. These won't be as dressy as sport coats, but gives you options to add more visual interest.

TheIronDandy

Reaction score
Make sure everything fits and is proportional: lots of men wear the same size they did 10 years ago, regardless of how much weight they have put on or lost. Many modern brands also have things like extremely low-rise trousers, extremely slim fit shirts and tiny collars: making sure that everything is balanced is a subtle way to elevate your outfits.

Also, consider the quality of the fabrics: there's a world of difference between wearing a button down shirt in a sturdy, well made oxford cloth (that will look better with years of wear), and a button down shirt in the flimsy, chemically treated low grade cotton many high-street stores sell.

Once you have the basics in place, I agree with above posters: layers, then maybe one or two tasteful accessories.

SteveMc

Reaction score
Hiya,

New member here (If there’s a “Member introduction thread” let me know).

Hₑighthere

Reaction score
Thank you! I have a few wristwatches to choose from already. I will need to get some new belts though as the ones i have currently are too big for me due to losing a lot of weight. Any brand recommendations?
That would depend on what part of the world you're in and what your budget is. There are some previous threads about belt options, like this one.

Depending on the type of belt and the degree of weight loss, you might be able to get more life out of your existing belts with a leather hole punch.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choigamemanvip