How can I fix this creasing on this pair of loafers?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SilverSurfer, Jun 14, 2006.

1. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Senior member

As you can see, these have some creases across the front. Is there any way to fix this? Will leather lotion and shoe trees do the trick?

[​IMG]

2. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

As you can see, these have some creases across the front. Is there any way to fix this? Will leather lotion and shoe trees do the trick?

[​IMG]

Do you really want to ask this group for opinions on what to do with those shoes? [​IMG]

3. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

No. Creasing is inevitable unless your foot does not bend when you walk.

Using shoes trees and buying shoes made of better leather will keep creasing to a minimum.

4. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Senior member

Do you really want to ask this group for opinions on what to do with those shoes? [​IMG]

Sorry, I haven't been around here long. What are they likely to say?

5. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

Square-toed shoes (regardless of the cost or designer 'pedigree') are not particularly well-regarded among the posters here; they tend to be regarded as trendy, fashion-forward, and just plain unattractive. The emphasis here tends to be on classically-styled menswear.

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

agreed that the style of the loafer wouldnt be to the majority's taste but the question did ask specifically about its creasing, rather than any opinions on the shoe's aesthetics [​IMG]

7. denning

denning Senior member

The loafers (to my untrained eye) appear to be of corrected grain leather. As such, they will crease, and maintain those creases much more severely than real leather, like calfskin would. I second the suggestion for shoe trees as it helps prevent those creases from forming in the first place. But for this particular pair I'm afraid there is not much to be done.

8. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

agreed that the style of the loafer wouldnt be to the majority's taste but the question did ask specifically about its creasing, rather than any opinions on the shoe's aesthetics [​IMG]
    Yes, but it seemed only gentlemanly for me to alert him that his inquiry might not receive an outpouring of responses.

Had these been Lobbs or even AE's he'd have already received at least 3 pages worth of advice -- recommendations about the best shoe creams, the most finely crafted shoe trees, the "leather magician!" in Sheepsheads Bay, etc., etc..

[​IMG]

9. imainish

imainish Senior member

Actually, I own a pair of AE Slaytons. I really like them, keep them well polished and with shoe trees. I wear them infrequently and they have creased a little more than I would like. I'll take those suggestions now.
    Thanks.