1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How can I become a style forum affiliate

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by eric glennie, Jan 5, 2009.

1. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

those ties would sell more if you can get matching pocket squares. just saying.

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

That video of Glennie looks nothing like the Glennie in that portrait that used to be posted on the site.

3. mg428

mg428 Senior member

WTF??

http://www.ericglennie.com/silknecklace.html

This guy is surely the Messiah the mankind has been waiting for! Perhaps the reincarnation of Duke of Windsor in the 21st century!

May I kindly ask something Eric if you don't mind?

Is there a special reason why you did not pair Chain-Link Neckties (Gothic Chic) with your patent-pending cutout collars?

BTW, I have found your cutout turtlenecks very suitable for vampires!

4. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

has anyone actually called the number on the website to establish if this is actually a real person?

Google results for that number:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=952-4...i=rwp&ct=title
    Christopher Bargeron (952) 423-7316 Rosemount, MN 55068
    Jay Schuler (952) 423-7316 Rosemount, MN 55068

5. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

^ Clever ploys to hide and protect a fertile mind. I think Margiela did the same thing some years back.

6. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

The only time I want black on black on black is on my Ferrari.

how not ferrari-like

7. Dion

Dion Well-Known Member

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

^ Clever ploys to hide and protect a fertile mind. I think Margiela did the same thing some years back.

How dare you mention Margiela in the same vein as Eric Glennie. Margiela is a fraud, a wannabe that just sticks to the old tired formula of fashion. Eric Glennie is a visionary. He is the only designer out there that turns fashion around and makes everyone notice. He is the future of fashion!

9. James Bond

James Bond Senior member

how not ferrari-like

That's somewhat the point.

10. ccffm1

ccffm1 Senior member

Eric, you might have more luck at AAAC. Be sure to sure to send in some samples for Andy to test beforehand. I´d love to hear his opinion. He´ll most certainly go into raptures.

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Eric, you might have more luck at AAAC. Be sure to sure to send in some samples for Andy to test beforehand. I´d love to hear his opinion. He´ll most certainly go into raptures.

LOL

12. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

I dont think this look is gangster at all. This look is French all the way! If Chanel had a Homme line it would start with this necktie.
    They do... I believe Uncle Karl designed it. It is available in the US at the SOHO store. I have a couple of their ties. They are actually pretty nice, but nothing special.

13. eric glennie

eric glennie Senior member

I would love to get back on at Ask Andy! Andy was a gentlemen when I talked to him once. However, not so kindly are the moderators. Kabbaz and myself had an argument about the difference between a shirtmaker and a fashion designer and that got me banned for life. Some members said my designs and commentary were the best thing that happened to AAAC in a long time and I think Kabbaz was jealous Eric Glennie was getting so much ink on HIS forum.

14. eric glennie

eric glennie Senior member

They do... I believe Uncle Karl designed it. It is available in the US at the SOHO store. I have a couple of their ties. They are actually pretty nice, but nothing special.

Yeah, I have been showing uncle Karl my designs for about 5 years now looking for a job. No response yet!

15. Invicta

Invicta Senior member

The only time I want black on black on black is on my Ferrari.

A Ferrari in anything but Ferrrai Red? I'm shocked sir, shocked and appalled*.

*by this I of course mean, "can I drive it?"

16. ccffm1

ccffm1 Senior member

This look is French all the way! If Chanel had a Homme line it would start with this necktie.

http://www.chanel.com/fashion/1#1-au...ction-chanel-4

See pic 23 et seq.

They must have decided to skip the tie. Patent law is a bitch, you know.