• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How 'bout those Tigers 2007?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it time for baseball season to start yet? I'm tired of winter. I miss global warming (in Michigan).

On Saturday, nearly 13,000 fans braved the cold weather to attend "Tigerfest" in Comerica Park. (The temp did not even reach freezing.) Sadly, I was not one of the crowd who had a chance to see the team, talk to the players, get autographs etc...

One of the highlights for fans was the opportunity to peek into Manger, Jim Leyland's office, which was sealed off in plexiglass like a museum exhibit.

http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.d...W=470&MaxH=400

Even Gary Sheffield has been part of the week long Tiger blitz throughout the state, and already, he is making "news". The Detroit Free Press recommends that fans keep a bottle of aspirin handy because he can be a headache. But management thinks he is worth the risk.

Unlike last year, from the Tigers of 2007, much is expected.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that the Tigers will be a force this upcoming season. They've only improved in the off season.

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by briancl
I'm sure that the Tigers will be a force this upcoming season. They've only improved in the off season.

And yet I worry that all those young arms might not produce like they did last year, but if they do, look out.

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
If anything, the young arms are going to be better this year, especially if Andrew Miller plays more. God, I wish the Mariners (of whom I am no longer an interested fan but rather a distinterested observer [CHRIS SNELLING FOR JOSE VIDRO?!]) had a front office like the Tigers.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwiteaboy
If anything, the young arms are going to be better this year, especially if Andrew Miller plays more. God, I wish the Mariners (of whom I am no longer an interested fan but rather a distinterested observer [CHRIS SNELLING FOR JOSE VIDRO?!]) had a front office like the Tigers.

Regarding the front office.... Don't forget, we also have the Detroit Lions with the worst "front office" in all of sports. (The Ford family.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads