1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How big are SFers?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Vaio, Sep 27, 2011.

1. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

2. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

5'8", 196 pounds. Quite big still, but lost 110 pounds over the last year - it's been a wardrobe hell, I tell ya.

By the way - hello on my first post. Hope to stay around here for a while :)

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

^^^Congrats on the weight loss, and welcome to SF.

4. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

thats great man!

I am 6'00 and weigh 180 lbs. I have a small gut that I am trying to loose, I have been wanting defined abs for a while but have never worked hard enough, but ITS TIME!!!!

5. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

6' and just shy of 220. On the way down though and would like to get under 200.

6. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

5' 11" and 148lbs here down from 207lbs this time last year - the change resulted in five garbage bags full of clothes for charity and the search for a new wardrobe which is how I found SF :)

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

And I thought I was thin for being that height. I can't imagine being 10 lbs. thinner than what I am now. Congrats on the weight loss.

8. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

Just curious, what size were you before and what are you now? 148 sounds pretty thin for a guy almost 6 foot. Also how did you manage to lose almost a third of your body weight in a year?

9. Gerry Nelson

Before: XL or L in casual clothes, 40R for suits, 38" waist and size 17 shirts.
    Now: Slim fit M in casual clothes, 38R suits, 30" waist and size 15.5 shirts.

I'm at the stage where my focus is gaining lean mass rather than losing fat. The way I did it was to maintain a calorie deficit (about 3500 calories a week deficit) and use a decent exercise program to maintain and develop the underlying muscle. Let me know if you'd like more details but that pretty much sums it up.

It's much faster to lose fat than to increase muscle mass but I'm happy where I am.

10. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

You must have meant 46 or 48, right? I like the idea of getting thinner (I am a 46R right now) but hate the idea of having to start over with a new wardrobe.

11. SladeDT

SladeDT Senior member

5' 7" 183 lbs. I'm on the shorter end of the SF spectrum I'm sure.

12. jonnyt

jonnyt Senior member

6' 3"
    Fluctuate between 190 and 205 depending on time of year and exercise.
    Luckily the weight goes on fairly evenly so all my clothes fit all the time (well, except for a couple of skinny t-shirts that I only wear when I have pecs rather than moobs).

I've also noticed that regardless of my weight, if I see friends after a few months and I'm wearing a good, well-fitted suit, they always ask if I've lost weight, even if I'm actually 10lbs heavier than the last time I saw them.

13. Gerry Nelson

I was a European 50R (UK 40R) and am now a European 48R (UK 38R). I know what you mean about hating to start over with a new wardrobe. I bit the bullet this time but it's forcing me to maintain my size - I don't want to go through this again.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  14. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

You lost 60 pounds and 8 inches in the waist but only went down one suit size? :puzzled:

15. Gerry Nelson

Yep, a lot of the fat I've lost has been around the face, stomach and legs because that's where it was mainly stored. My shoulder circumference dropped a little but the weight training has built up mass around the chest, back and shoulders.

16. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

5'10. Currently 202 pounds. Trying to get up to 210 by next spring.

17. yukihiro

yukihiro Member

18. xpress

xpress Senior member

19. Eason

Eason Senior member

5'11 173 hope to fucking god I can reach 180 someday

20. cretaceous_cretin

cretaceous_cretin Senior member

Now 5' 10 1/2" @ 214 lbs