1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How big a deal is the original box when selling a pair of boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by alleyooptroop, Apr 9, 2011.

1. alexanduh

alexanduh Senior member

Honestly, I think getting worked up over a damn White's shoe box is unreasonable...but I think it's also unreasonable to start a whole thread on this when the guy is only asking for $14, which seems a rather paltry sum in the grand scheme of it.

shit is ridiculous.

2. Lane

Lane Senior member

yah, in retrospect both of you are retards. Of course the buyer is kind of a loon, but to appease idiots like this its best to give in. Especiailly since its just $14, I mean he does deserve it since you made a mistake.

3. Crooow

Crooow Senior member

Just out if curiosity, how did you come up with the $14 figure? My show box blue book lists that box at $11 in 10/10 condition.

Lots of great contenders in here, but this is my favorite. [​IMG]

4. Atomkun

Atomkun Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"WHAT'S IN DA BAAAAAAAX?"

Stick to your guns Atomkun, you are in no way over-reacting over a piece of cardboard, I believe in you!

Please open your eyes and see who's the one that decide to start a thread on it.. I respect that it is between the 2 of us and should not concern anyone else but he decide to air it out..

And in case u are wondering, I am more pissed off with his integrity and dishonesty than over the box.
    Whether it is a box or any part of the item, the seller should have informed the buyer before sending out the item.. Am I not right?

5. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

yah, in retrospect both of you are retards. Of course the buyer is kind of a loon, but to appease idiots like this its best to give in. Especiailly since its just $14, I mean he does deserve it since you made a mistake.

This. Like fucking children in a playground.

edit: "fucking" is an adjective and not a verb in this instance...

6. booyakasha

booyakasha Member

Please open your eyes and see who's the one that decide to start a thread on it.. I respect that it is between the 2 of us and should not concern anyone else but he decide to air it out..

And in case u are wondering, I am more pissed off with his integrity and dishonesty than over the box.
    Whether it is a box or any part of the item, the seller should have informed the buyer before sending out the item.. Am I not right?

integrity and dishonesty??? dude, its obvious that he didnt mean to rip you off. he just made the assumption that you wouldn't give a damn about a fucking box. rightly so, most people wouldn't give a shit about the box.

yes, you could say he made a mistake in not letting you know in advance about the "oh so fucking precious" box, but to say that he was dishonest? pretty obvious that he wasn't trying to rip you off. if he was, why the hell would he start this thread and tell the whole world about it?

7. Atomkun

I hope u understand that it is not much about the box but his integrity as a online seller. I, myself have sold stuff online including sneakers and boots and I know how much a og box can affect a sale.. Morever, as I have previously mentioned, I have decided to let the matter rest and let him to try to find the box when hes back in his apt after his spring break and If he still can't find the box, then we can see what to do. either he can refund me the paypal fees Of 14 or I might just let the matter rest..

Let me clarify again.. I did not want to make a big fuss over it as i understand it is between the 2 of us but it is him who wants to air it out..

If anyone is a idiot, it is him as he doesn't have the common sense to inform me before shipping the item out or to keep to personal pm between us instead of starting a thread on it.

8. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

I for one, feel sorry for the OP. His integrity is now destroyed [​IMG]

9. *#..

*#.. Senior member

Can't believe I wasted my time reading this, 1* threak

10. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

I think this is more of a Hypebeast matter.

11. Atomkun

integrity and dishonesty??? dude, its obvious that he didnt mean to rip you off. he just made the assumption that you wouldn't give a damn about a fucking box. rightly so, most people wouldn't give a shit about the box.

yes, you could say he made a mistake in not letting you know in advance about the "oh so fucking precious" box, but to say that he was dishonest? pretty obvious that he wasn't trying to rip you off. if he was, why the hell would he start this thread and tell the whole world about it?

You see, the keywords here are "assumption" and "most people".

12. Cahrin

Cahrin Senior member

The seller clearly misrepresented what was being sold. Whether you feel the box has any intrinsic worth is irrelevant. Upon discovering the product was not as described the seller should have contacted the buyer and made clear the new conditions of the sale and offered a full refund at that point in time. This is the behavior you'd desire if a seller discovered a pull in a tie or a nick on a pair of shoes.

The simple fact is the seller did not deliver what was promised and the buyer has a right to be upset. The item shouldn't have been sent in the first place, as you're now in the unfortunate position of having to determine the worth of an item that is clearly highly subjective.

Combining the facts that it's a damn shoe box and that the buyer may be a high-functioning illiterate is unfortunately feeding the board trolls and distracting from the primary issue.

13. Atomkun

The seller clearly misrepresented what was being sold. Whether you feel the box has any intrinsic worth is irrelevant. Upon discovering the product was not as described the seller should have contacted the buyer and made clear the new conditions of the sale and offered a full refund at that point in time. This is the behavior you'd desire if a seller discovered a pull in a tie or a nick on a pair of shoes.

The simple fact is the seller did not deliver what was promised and the buyer has a right to be upset. The item shouldn't have been sent in the first place, as you're now in the unfortunate position of having to determine the worth of an item that is clearly highly subjective.

Combining the facts that it's a damn shoe box and that the buyer may be a high-functioning illiterate is unfortunately feeding the board trolls and distracting from the primary issue.

Thank you for your fair words. Much appreciated. Just to say I am not offended by the trolls but I just wish people can look at it from a fair point of view.

14. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

A+ threak

I think one could make a business selling original boxes to people to increase increase the resale value of their worn shoes.

15. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

The OP obviously considered the original box to be a selling point or else he wouldn't have mentioned it. Just give back $14. I understand you'd be giving up a case of Natty and a single dose of Aleve, but it's probably fair.

16. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

This is the behavior you'd desire if a seller discovered a pull in a tie or a nick on a pair of shoes.
    Specious comparison. You're comparing intrinsic and extrinsic properties. The box is extrinsic to the shoes, whilst a pull in a tie or a nick on a pair of shoes effects the intrinsic quality of the product. A better comparison is it's like buying a suit or dress and not receiving the original garment bag/hanger for storage. edit: But seriously, seller just give the guy the $14 and both stop blowing things massively out of proportion for fuck's sake.

17. Faded501s

Faded501s Senior member

That being said OP...you sold some boots for a couple hundred bucks and misrepresented a minor detail....the guy wants $14....it's not like he's asking for a a ton money or to return the boots, just give it to him.

Honestly, I think getting worked up over a damn White's shoe box is unreasonable...but I think it's also unreasonable to start a whole thread on this when the guy is only asking for $14, which seems a rather paltry sum in the grand scheme of it.

Exactly. "How big a deal is the original box when selling a pair of boots?" is not the right question to be asking in this situation.

If anyone is a idiot, it is him

[​IMG]

You might want to acclimate yourself to this forum before running around trying to rally the troops. The OP stated you "went ballistic via PM" over the box and your (unneeded) participation in this thread is making you come across as someone very difficult to deal with. Please google: flies honey vinegar.

18. illicitstylz

illicitstylz Member

Siding with the seller simply because that's how a buy/sell works.

Seller provides description

Buy makes purchase based on this description

Seller does not provide product as described, therefore is in the wrong.

Why is there even a discussion to this. There's a reason eBay and every other online merchant/buyer agreement follows this. No reason a site like SF can't.

19. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

Siding with the seller simply because that's how a buy/sell works.

Seller provides description

Buy makes purchase based on this description

Seller does not provide product as described, therefore is in the wrong.

Why is there even a discussion to this. There's a reason eBay and every other online merchant/buyer agreement follows this. No reason a site like SF can't.

you mean buyer?

20. Desi

Desi Senior member

14$ how much did the shoes sell for? Better be over 150.