• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How authentic is the Napoli Outlet Store on eBay???

ZengaGent

Reaction score
Hello to my fellow sartorialists out there,

Please help if you can.

I've never used eBay before, but the Kiton suits sold by this mob (Napoli Outlet Store) are extremely tempting. They retail for about $2499 USD, which is very reasonable compared to what Harrolds sells them for: $7400+ AUD.

As you can see, we're just spoilt for choice here in Oz
plain.gif

The question is: are they the real deal?

Has anyone used them before? Are their products authentic? Is their service reliable?

Any aid would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

ZegnaGent (aka Cool Breeze)

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just bought one of their Kiton suits. the seller was initially unresponsive, but I received an e-mail later on explaining that he has been travelling. the suit was received within one week from that e-mail. Overall I'm happy with my purchase.

koolhistorian

Reaction score
Bought a Barba tie from them, had all the tags and every thing they feel professional, and they have a high street address in Germany, so it will not be easy to sell knock - offs. Take it as it is - not an endorsement, but an info, a kiton suit is more money!

Omegablogger

Reaction score
I have snagged a few things from them, mainly shirts, always been a good seller. Stuff has always been authentic but make sure you know exactly what label you are buying, i.e. kiton or Sartorio as an example.

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a beautiful Sartorio suit from them. It originally went to a non-existent address in Melbourne which was my fault, returned to Germany and reached me a few weeks later. There was great contact throughout although sometimes Andreas - who was extremely patient - is away travelling. Certainly getting a $2500 suit for $899 can't be beaten.

misterjase

Reaction score
Napoli Outlet Store is fine. I just bought a tie (Isaia) from Andreas and there were no worries.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only purchased a shirt from them, not a suit, but I would certainly vouch for Andreas and Napoli Outlet Store. They are not the cheapest of eBay stores but they do have a good range.

If you haven't already, I would try to find a similar Kiton model to try on first to establish your sizing (ie does that model/range of Kiton run slim etc) so that you don't have to go the trouble of trying to return/exchange it.

Also, I know that it's been said before in other threads, but if you're going to spend that much money on a suit, have you considered having a bespoke suit made for you by a tailor in Sydney?

il vecchio

Reaction score
Google and ebay searches yield nothing. Anybody prepared to give the link to this seller - Napoli Outlet Store? Thanks in advance

ZengaGent

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys! I might give them a go later this year. A Kiton suit is not the cheapest of purchases, but at $2499 USD, the exchange rate being what it is, it's practically what one would pay for a Zegna MTM locally; and in the most basic of fabrics!

Plus... they actually have my size.

Merkur, I don't think anyone else stocks Kiton, not in Sydney anyway. Any luck elsewhere?

ZegnaGent

ZengaGent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
I've only purchased a shirt from them, not a suit, but I would certainly vouch for Andreas and Napoli Outlet Store. They are not the cheapest of eBay stores but they do have a good range.

If you haven't already, I would try to find a similar Kiton model to try on first to establish your sizing (ie does that model/range of Kiton run slim etc) so that you don't have to go the trouble of trying to return/exchange it.

Also, I know that it's been said before in other threads, but if you're going to spend that much money on a suit, have you considered having a bespoke suit made for you by a tailor in Sydney?

Good points, Journeyman. Thanks.

I guess my preoccupation with Kiton comes from trying a suit jacket at Harrolds recently (a slim-cut, soft-shouldered 3-roll-2) and thinking... wow! Might go back to find out what the model was. Probably should try on the pants as well just to be sure.

As for bespoke, I did one with Nick Salanitro in North Sydney. Its wasn't bad; pretty good for a first effort. Might consider Adamo for my second bespoke; depends if he can replicate the Kiton cut. That's option number 2.

Have used Zegna MTM since 2006, but I think it's time for a change!

ZegnaGent

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics