• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How are Zegna ties?

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are Zegna ties? My impression was they have nice styles, especially prints, but lack the heft and substance of other higher end ties?

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They vary. I have a couple solid wovens that are very similar in weight and thickness to RLPL's heavy twill solids. Others are disappointing. Come to think of it, I'd classify all the prints I've seen and owned in the latter category.

seok

Reaction score
i'm usually not impressed with their print designs, but am very impressed with how they tie and hold up, so try to look for Zegna ties with nicer prints. in general, they are lighter in weight--like Ferragamos.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bry2000
The regular Zegna ties are rubbish for the money they cost at full retail.

Great at thrift store prices, though.

I have 3-4 regular Zegnas, and I really like all of them. If I was going to pay real money for a tie, though, I would look elsewhere (Carlo Franco, Drake's, Nicky, etc.).

kcc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
The Napoli couture line ties are much nicer.

koji

I agree; having ordered many MTM, I'm pleased.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seok
i'm usually not impressed with their print designs...

I've got three Zegna ties (one woven silk, one cashmere and one silk print, and the print is easily the best of the bunch; in fact, it's one of my favorite ties.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really like Zegna ties, for the same reason I love their shirts - they often have patterns that just "click" perfectly for me. I also find they tie a nice knot and hang nicely. Mind you, I very rarely pay retail from them since I tend to get them at an outlet.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I really like Zegna ties, for the same reason I love their shirts - they often have patterns that just "click" perfectly for me. I also find they tie a nice knot and hang nicely. Mind you, I very rarely pay retail from them since I tend to get them at an outlet.

Agree with your assessment of the Zegna ties. The patterns just work for me, so I buy on ebay or at outlet stores.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
I, too, really like Zegna ties. But I don't ever pay full retail for them...

I think they tie a very good knot; I love their patterns, and I always get comments on how they look...

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I like the Zegna ties. Mine have held up well and are quality silk. Much better value at discount as others have said...

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have seen some beautiful Zegna silks.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 112 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 102 30.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%