• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How are these shoes?

Alok Singh

Reaction score
I just bought this pair a few hours ago and I was wonderig what you guys think of its style. I am a student who has recently gotten into men's style and I like shoes just as much as suits. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT The thumbnail is the shoes I already own, which are an Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue, Johnston and Murphy( pre-outsourced) saddle shoe, and a blucher from some Florentine shoemaker I can never remember the name of.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't really comment on how good a deal you got, but they certainly look like a nice pair of shoes. I think these would be made by Grenson to standards similar to the (no longer existent) Masterpiece line, though I think Paul Stuart have switched to someone else now (EG?).

gnatty8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they're very nice, and seem to fit a hole in your shoe wardrobe. Great color, and I really like the toe.

Alok Singh

Reaction score
I contacted the seller and apparently they are made by Grenson as they are an older model which would originally be about $700+.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ I don't think grensons can cost that much though

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it was the PS 'Stuart's Choice' line that was made to the old Grenson Masterpiece quality?

Splendour

Reaction score
The shoes look great, although I'm not a fan of the lacing style. Plus, you're smart to have mixed styles and colors.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Splendour
I'm not a fan of the lacing style.

I hope you realise that it is possible to relace the shoes any way you like...

Originally Posted by acidboy
^ I don't think grensons can cost that much though

There are pictures of the sole with the auction, maybe someone can ID the maker from the text or nail pattern?

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 26 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 8 9.9%