How are these black chelsea boots?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fashionnoob, Oct 14, 2006.

1. fashionnoob

fashionnoob Senior member

2. Bungee Man

Bungee Man Senior member

I don't like that thing that's beneath the elastic.

3. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7175367/c/3.html

i've been looking for some black chelseas to wear with jeans and i think that these might be decent for the price. any opinions?

no experience, but i noticed that the description says leather sole and the pictures show what appears to be a black man-made/rubber sole.

4. Bungee Man

Bungee Man Senior member

5. smw356

smw356 Senior member

I've got the frye mason's in a dark brown and they're pretty nice considering the cost. The sole is a vibram sole which is pretty comfortable and durable, not leather like zappo's is advertising. They are welted though. The leather on my brown ones at least is nice and supple and just looks better with every wear. If you're looking for a really sleek chelsea though these prob arent for you.

6. fashionnoob

no experience, but i noticed that the description says leather sole and the pictures show what appears to be a black man-made/rubber sole.

yeah i noticed that too, but i can live with it.

7. fashionnoob

I've got the frye mason's in a dark brown and they're pretty nice considering the cost. The sole is a vibram sole which is pretty comfortable and durable, not leather like zappo's is advertising. They are welted though. The leather on my brown ones at least is nice and supple and just looks better with every wear. If you're looking for a really sleek chelsea though these prob arent for you.

i'm not looking for top-tier quality just something that will last and won't look ridiculous as a change of pace from my sneakers. i think i'm going to go ahead and pick these up.

8. shuguru314

shuguru314 Member

there a little bulky for my taste

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Those don't look horrendous, but isn't there a 50% off CT coupon at the moment? That would be a much better choice.

10. ninjapie

ninjapie Senior member

They don't look too great, especially the sole is kinda bleh. It could be me, but doesn't $140ish seem a bit overpriced for those shoes?

11. ken

ken Banned by Request

They don't look too great, especially the sole is kinda bleh. It could be me, but doesn't $140ish seem a bit overpriced for those shoes?

If they're made-in-Mexico Fryes, then yes. If they're made-in-USA Fryes, then no.

Frye also does a zip version of that boot. I never understood why someone would want elastic on their boots, but I will admit I'm more tempted by a pair of RM Williams everyday.