1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How are Cole Haan shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cb_32, Oct 17, 2010.

1. 10cents

10cents Member

I have their Air Morris Wingtip Oxford as my walking shoes. They are comfortable, really good shoes for the task.

2. Jkhan82

Jkhan82 Senior member

I have a pair of penny loafers I purchased on sale, so far their great. I would never pay for price for Cole Haan's.

3. cgrant9367

cgrant9367 New Member

Agreed Nike nearly ruined the name of this brand. I am glad Nike is now out of the picture. What business pro wants air technology in his shoes...gonna play basketball on his lunch break?

4. Donald 1

Donald 1 New Member

For years I used to look up to Cole Haan shoes and was pleased at their lasting performance. Believe it or not I still have a pair of penny loafers that are 28 years old. However, In the early 2000 and recently the shoes are very poorly made. The soles are glued onto the upper part of the shoe. These do not last. I do not even wear the shoes that often. This even included ones that were leather soles. Also the leather started unraveling from the outside. Very strange. I feel like wearing these to a Cole Haan store to shoe their potential customers the poor quality of their shoes. Not only that their shoes are dangerous as a person could trip when the shoes front of the sole comes off. No one seems to control the quality of shoe manufacturing. One other note in the early years of purchasing Cole Haan they were made in Italy. Now they are made in Asia. It is sad that owners do not want to maintain or recreate the high quality that Cole Haan used to have. I no longer recommend Cole Haan to others.