• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How and When would you wear this blazer?

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hi, I love blazers and it's time I stopped buying blazers for my tiny closet but for me. And my worry is that this blazer will become another gift to my closet.

It's black, made of textured silk. You can't see clearly from the picture but it has a contrasting grosgrain collar. I will buy it if I'm convinced I can actually wear it on an uneventful day.

Thanks in advance!
49245451gm_14_f.jpg

toplel

Reaction score
Hi, I love blazers and it's time I stopped buying blazers for my tiny closet but for me. And my worry is that this blazer will become another gift to my closet.

It's black, made of textured silk. You can't see clearly from the picture but it has a contrasting grosgrain collar. I will buy it if I'm convinced I can actually wear it on an uneventful day.

Thanks in advance! View attachment 852481
The link is broken. Which is odd b/c initially I DID see a picture but now I cannot.

As part of personal 12-step recovery program from buying too many blazers, I've adopted the following rule: "If it's black, put it back".

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@toplel lol. I don't have any black blazer yet...The picture is imbedded in the texts and you shouldn't see a link. Anyway here it is again.
49245451gm_14_f.jpg

Teddy_T

Reaction score
I don't know when one would ever wear a black blazer, maybe at a funeral but then the slim peak lapels make it kinda inappropriate for a funeral.

I can't really think of an occasion suitable for this blazer, it kinda looks like a tuxedo judging from the jetted pockets and the sleeve buttons (can't see them clearly but look like fabric), but then again the fabric of the lapels is wrong and they are way to slim to be proper for evening wear.

I would suggest to stay clear of it, one should wear a black jacket only for funerals and evening wear.

GT-R

Reaction score
The main problem with black blazers is what the hell will you pair it with? Can't pair it with black trousers that are a different material. Can't really pair it with anything.

Wait, hold on. I'm receiving an incoming communication. Our Lord and Saviour Yeezus has in fact found a suitable combination.

Behold
1938bd0048fdbde5046cced3fe185887.jpg

I think this look can work with some skinnier leather black jeans, maybe a patent leather shoe, and slightly less jewellery.

Maljunulo

Reaction score
The main problem with black blazers is what the hell will you pair it with? Can't pair it with black trousers that are a different material. Can't really pair it with anything.

Wait, hold on. I'm receiving an incoming communication. Our Lord and Saviour Yeezus has in fact found a suitable combination.

Behold
1938bd0048fdbde5046cced3fe185887.jpg

I think this look can work with some skinnier leather black jeans, maybe a patent leather shoe, and slightly less jewellery.

The best comment I can possibly make is to not comment at all.

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@toplel @Teddy_T @GT-R @Maljunulo

Hey guys, while I was debating someone else bought the jacket, but thanks to your comments I'd decided to leave it. I was rather surprised by the unanimous disapproval of black blazers. Although I agree it's much less versatile with limited options for pairing, only suitable for funeral and evenings is a bit exaggerating. Regardless of what's on top, the type of leather pants Yeezus donned should fit snug. The deal breaker for me was the grosgrain collar, fabric buttons and jetted pockets teddy_t mentioned — a reworked tuxedo was probably the design intention. It'd be more easy wearing had the collar been made of the same fabric as the lapels and jacket with regular buttons and flap or patch pockets.

I think black blazers can pair with black and grey pants as long as there are distinctive contrasts from textures and patterns, like these two looks.
Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 21.14.06.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 21.15.02.png

Last edited:

Maljunulo

Reaction score
@toplel @Teddy_T @GT-R @Maljunulo

Hey guys, while I was debating someone else bought the jacket, but thanks to your comments I'd decided to leave it. I was rather surprised by the unanimous disapproval of black blazers. Although I agree it's much less versatile with limited options for pairing, only suitable for funeral and evenings is a bit exaggerating. Regardless of what's on top, the type of leather pants Yeezus donned should fit snug. The deal breaker for me was the grosgrain collar, fabric buttons and jetted pockets teddy_t mentioned — a reworked tuxedo was probably the design intention. It'd be more easy wearing had the collar been made of the same fabric as the lapels and jacket with regular buttons and flap or patch pockets.

I think black blazers can pair with black and grey pants as long as there are distinctive contrasts from textures and patterns, like these two looks.
View attachment 854324 View attachment 854323

Such sartorial splendor is rare indeed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads