1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How about those Tigers?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by clarinetplayer, May 27, 2006.

1. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior Member

We also have been lucky to lose when the Twins and Chisox lose. Out offense has been horrible lately. They only let up 2 against the Yankess and lost. Most of those games you will win. 28 games to go!!!

2. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Distinguished Member

The Yankess have won five out of seven games, against the Tigers, this year. Tigers have not had a good series, against the Yanks. For Yankee fans, that's significant.

3. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Distinguished Member

I believe that last night's Tiger loss to the Angels, 7-2, was the most disheartening moment of the season. The game was won in the 8th inning, and then, all hell broke out. [​IMG]

The Tigers will be in the playoffs, but if the showdown comes to Detroit v. New York, it is all over. We don't have the hitting power.

4. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior Member

After seeing the last 2 games, I am feeling like this is the begining of the end for the Tigers.

5. clarinetplayer

After seeing the last 2 games, I am feeling like this is the begining of the end for the Tigers.

And today's horrible defeat in the 10th inning (after a long rain delay of game) to Seattle (of all teams!) What a dreadful way to start the series with the Twins.

Well, mrpologuy, maybe you are right. Or, maybe, we should remember the words of Churchill who said, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

6. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior Member

What a great quote by Churchill. It is one of the best of all time in mind. We can't seem to do anything right now. We are not hitting, Inge makes too many errors and we are blowing games in the late innings. With Polanco being out and Young now gone, things are not looking good. This series against the Twins will make or break them. They have come too far to mess up now. If we do make it to the playoffs, it might be because other teams messed up and we backed it. We need to win our way in. The Tigers need to right their ship or they are in trouble. This series against the Twins is their chance.[​IMG]

7. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Distinguished Member

I believe that last night's Tiger loss to the Angels, 7-2, was the most disheartening moment of the season. The game was won in the 8th inning, and then, all hell broke out. [​IMG]

The Tigers will be in the playoffs, but if the showdown comes to Detroit v. New York, it is all over. We don't have the hitting power.

ESPN or someone was saying that the Tigers won't play the Yankees in the first round (no matter what else happens), because of some MLB rule about how pairings are determined.
    Therefore, we have a good shot of winning one series, then being knocked out by NY. I think a lot of Detroit fans would be happy to get one playoff series win.

8. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior Member

I think most fans would be happy if we just made the playoffs. I don't think we could win a series against any team the way we are playing now. But anything can happen.

9. JBZ

JBZ Distinguished Member

Interesting choice by the Tigers to release Dmitri Young. I don't know the full story (other than he has some alcohol related issues that I thought he was dealing with), but it seems odd to upset team chemistry in the middle of a pennant race unless Young was truly being a disruptive teammate. It's not like he's been tanking from a statistical standpoint.

10. clarinetplayer

Interesting choice by the Tigers to release Dmitri Young. I don't know the full story (other than he has some alcohol related issues that I thought he was dealing with), but it seems odd to upset team chemistry in the middle of a pennant race unless Young was truly being a disruptive teammate. It's not like he's been tanking from a statistical standpoint.

The "insider" reports today indicate that Dmitri had attitude problems in the clubhouse, insubordination, a negative influence with the youngr players. This, coupled with the lackluster performance at the plate spelled his dismissal. I'm sure that this just did not happen yesterday. Why did they do this now as we enter the series with the Twins as we battle for our lives? He probably had to be let go. That's baseball.

11. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior Member

What a great game last night. I wouldn't mind the rest of the series going like that.

12. clarinetplayer

Twins 12; Tigers 1. We are bleeding to death.

13. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior Member

We are still up 2 games on the twins which is nice. We need to sweep the series against Texas or at least wint he series. I will be watching to see how they handle themselves now. It has been a long time since th elead for us has been only 2 games.[​IMG]

14. clarinetplayer

Tigers 3, Texas 2

A home run by Guillen in the bottom of the ninth in pouring rain did the trick.

We're still alive! Hallelujah! The losing streak is dead.

15. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior Member

Let's put another in the win colum tonight and have the Twins lose a few games. It is really exciting now around here now.