1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How about those Tigers?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by clarinetplayer, May 27, 2006.

1. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Distinguished Member

Stung! In the 12th inning! Drat!!!!!

2. clarinetplayer

Announced just this afternoon on WJR...that Tiger Stadium will be demolished. The site will be developed with condos and other ventures that will blend into the Corktown neighborhood. A portion of the site will be kept as a memorial to Navin Field-Briggs Stadium-Tirger Stadium. The official announcement will be made next Friday

Sad, but perhaps all for the best as the structure is rotting away. Hopefully, there will be a tasteful, meaningful reminder of the history that took place on the corner of Michigan and Trumbull.

3. briancl

briancl Distinguished Member

I saw the premier of this film at The Gem a couple months ago... but here it is for those who missed it.

4. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior Member

Another victory last night. Lets keep it up boys!!!

5. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Distinguished Member

I hate to see the stadium go, so many memories.

However, it's in one of the few economically viable parts of the city, and the Corktown people believe they can put it to good use, so I hope it works out.

6. clarinetplayer

Let's go Tigers! What a joyful sound to hear in Wrigley Field.

7. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior Member

A great series against the Cubbies and a great start against the Brewers. What a great game pitched by Bonderman last night. I am glad he didn't get charged with a loss!!!

8. clarinetplayer

On Sunday, I tuned in to the local Fox broadcast during the 6th inning. After a few minutes of enduring the idle chatter, I switched over to WGN--just in time to hear the start of the 7th inning stretch. I wasn't sure what I thought I heard. In today's Free Press, my suspicions were confirmed:

THE TICKER: Piven: Hugs & -- what did he say?

June 20, 2006

It went fine when "Entourage" star and Chicagoan Jeremy Piven threw out the first pitch for Sunday's Tigers-Cubs game at Wrigley Field.

But maybe they shouldn't have given him the microphone to sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" during the seventh-inning stretch.

Piven was supposed to use a G-rated version of his character Ari Gold's catchphrase from the show -- "Hug it out, Cubs fans" -- but instead reverted to his HBO language, which means something somewhat worse than "Cubs fans."

"Let's hug it out, you little bitches," Piven announced.

Geez, they can't let those HBO guys out in public. Good thing it wasn't somebody from "Deadwood."

Anyway, it amused some, offended others. A Chicago Tribune online poll, in fact, asked readers if they had a problem with it, and 57.3% of the first 10,000 voters said, "Nah, he was probably channeling Harry."

But Cubs marketing chief John McDonough issued an apology, the Trib said: "I don't know if professional adrenaline took over, but we don't ever want to introduce profanity into the seventh-inning stretch."

9. briancl

briancl Distinguished Member

10. Tomasso

Tomasso Distinguished Member

On Sunday, I tuned in to the local Fox broadcast during the 6th inning. After a few minutes of enduring the idle chatter, I switched over to WGN--just in time to hear the start of the 7th inning stretch. I wasn't sure what I thought I heard. In today's Free Press, my suspicions were confirmed:

THE TICKER: Piven: Hugs & -- what did he say?

June 20, 2006

It went fine when "Entourage" star and Chicagoan Jeremy Piven threw out the first pitch for Sunday's Tigers-Cubs game at Wrigley Field.

But maybe they shouldn't have given him the microphone to sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" during the seventh-inning stretch.

Piven was supposed to use a G-rated version of his character Ari Gold's catchphrase from the show -- "Hug it out, Cubs fans" -- but instead reverted to his HBO language, which means something somewhat worse than "Cubs fans."

"Let's hug it out, you little bitches," Piven announced.

Geez, they can't let those HBO guys out in public. Good thing it wasn't somebody from "Deadwood."

Anyway, it amused some, offended others. A Chicago Tribune online poll, in fact, asked readers if they had a problem with it, and 57.3% of the first 10,000 voters said, "Nah, he was probably channeling Harry."

But Cubs marketing chief John McDonough issued an apology, the Trib said: "I don't know if professional adrenaline took over, but we don't ever want to introduce profanity into the seventh-inning stretch."

Piven is a dolt. He's whined for years about being overlooked(his childhood friend is John Cusack) and under appreciated as an actor. So he finally gains some stature(Entourage) and is invited to sing the 7th inning at Wrigley(he's from Evanston, a lifelong Cubs fan) and he proceeds to embarrasses himself and everyone concerned.

11. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior Member

A verye xciting game against the Cards last night. I was glad to see Pujols back to his old ways. He has got 25 or 26 dingers with being out a few weeks. He is the best power hitter in the game!!!

12. clarinetplayer

A verye xciting game against the Cards last night. I was glad to see Pujols back to his old ways. He has got 25 or 26 dingers with being out a few weeks. He is the best power hitter in the game!!!

This weekend is reminiscent of the '68 World Series.

13. clarinetplayer

The Tigers sweep the Cardinals! Hot damn! This is for real, now. The Cardinals can't wait to get out of town.

14. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior Member

i know the season isn't even half over, but I can't help being excited about this team. What a great series against the Cards. Jim Leyland should win manager of the year right now. I think the longer we hang on the better we will be. The Tigers and Chisox have been playing great an dplay each other 13 more times this year!!!! Blesss you boys!!![​IMG]

15. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior Member

Another great game by the Tigers last night. I feel like this team is never out of a game. Curtis Granderson is becomeing one clutch player. I don't know what the rest of the season holds, but I am enjoying it while I can. [​IMG]