1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Houston

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TimNguyen, Dec 5, 2011.

1. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Quote:
    Wut? Have to disagree, I love walking around cities.

Quote:
    The ONLY one I can think of is that the girls are pretty hot. But, most aren't very smart/interesting, likely because they've been living in texas their whole life. I've been here two years and it hasn't grown on me.

2. CTGuy

CTGuy Senior member

I am just curious how viable it is to walk/use public transit in Houston. I may be there on business and would prefer to avoid renting a car if possible. Thoughts?

3. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

It's possible ..... if you get a hotel next to the office you'll be using and don't need to go anywhere else (Downtown or Galleria area?). But, honestly, I think you'll need to rent wheels and do battle with the traffic and freeway system here.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

It depends on the location and how far you're talking. If you're stationed and working downtown then the tunnels will get you most anywhere around downtown - although I'm told they're not as vibrant as they were back in 05-06. If you're in the Galleria area then you might get by, but you won't have a lot of company on the sidewalks. Anywhere else around the city, I would recommend a car.