• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Housewarming gift?

mikeman

Reaction score
Im going to a few housewarming parties this weekend, and I have no idea what to give/bring. Is port wine something that most people would appreciate?

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Booze always works. Or, if you see something interesting that works too. Like any gift it depends on the person. I know my friends would not enjoy port wine. But, one certianly enjoyed the liquor despenser/stand I gave him.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of people dont like port wine.

CarterArdell

Reaction score
Yes, it is really depends upon individual people and their taste. Still I would say that you can get some unique piece of house hold thing which can add a beauty to their home like any wonderful painting or any show piece. I hope this will help you.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
+1 to booze. If they don't like it, they can re-gift. Much better than some serving platter or, worse, a set of motherf***ing spreaders, which seem to be all the rage. I can't tell you how many ****** sets of spreaders, cheese board/knife combos, and other godawful knicknacks I've had to give away. Booze is always welcome in my house, no matter what flavor, because even if I don't drink it, someone will.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Booze, edible arrangements, gift basket with booze and other stuff people eat/drink.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CarterArdell
Yes, it is really depends upon individual people and their taste. Still I would say that you can get some unique piece of house hold thing which can add a beauty to their home like any wonderful painting or any show piece. I hope this will help you.

giving someone art is a bad idea. Too personal.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's a close friend, probably a nice potted plant and some booze. Acquaintance, just the booze. If someone is moving into a house they just bought, probably a Home Depot or Lowes giftcard; most homeowners are always fixing or renovating ****.

whallyden

Reaction score
Toilet paper. Always good for a laugh when everyone else shows up with something fancy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads